• Replies 16
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Sorry for the non-related topic title!

Game:
Rock Band 3

Problem:
- Madcatz 103-button Pro Fender connects, and is assigned a player slot, but is unresponsive (aside from + and - buttons).
- GHWT Microphone is unrecognized by game.

Special Notes:
- Both periphials do not use a Wiimote. They run off USB entirely.
- I am now currently running Wiiflow, but I have also used a backup DVD with Gecko OS, and I get the exact same results.
- I have tried all possibilities with cIOS selection in Wiiflow, and only 223 and "default" will actually allow the guitar to connect, however it is still unresponsive.

Updated IOS's:

- IOS9
- IOS12
- IOS13
- IOS14
- IOS15
- IOS17
- IOS21
- IOS22
- IOS28
- IOS31
- IOS33
- IOS34
- IOS35
- IOS36 [patched]
- IOS37
- IOS38
- IOS53
- IOS55
- IOS56
- IOS57
- IOS58
- IOS61

cIOS's installed

- cIOS 202 v5, with ios57.
- cIOS 222 v4, with ios38.
- cIOS 223 v4, with ios37/38.
- cIOS 224 v5.1, with ios57.
- cIOS 236, with ios36.
- cIOS 249 v21, with ios 56.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you are using the correct installer, right? you need this one: http://filetrip.net/g25124395-hermes-cIOS-Installer.html

Now open it in the homebrew channel, and choose any ios that you know is a cios (like if you installed 249, choose that)

NOTE: it wont break your wii if you choose one that isn't a cios, it just wont install.

anyway, after that, choose the option to install cios 223, then choose 37 to use as a base.
Now it should download it (you need wifi) and once its done press 1 to install it.

you're done!

D

Deleted-188346

OP
person66 said:
you are using the correct installer, right? you need this one: http://filetrip.net/g25124395-hermes-cIOS-Installer.html

Now open it in the homebrew channel, and choose any ios that you know is a cios (like if you installed 249, choose that)

NOTE: it wont break your wii if you choose one that isn't a cios, it just wont install.

anyway, after that, choose the option to install cios 223, then choose 37 to use as a base.
Now it should download it (you need wifi) and once its done press 1 to install it.

you're done!

Thanks for the reply, I used the installer, and it patched successfully...however, it didn't solve the problem! Other threads said to merge 37 with 38...how do I do that?

Also, specifically my problem relates to the GH:WT Microphone not working, and the new Madcatz 103 button guitar no longer being able to respond to the game.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume you're using a usb loader for this game....did you set the loader to use IOS223 for loading that game (or games as you reference RB3 and GH:WT)?

the 223 [37+38] is nothing you do per se, it's just a flavor of Hermes v4....223 [37] is a Hermes v5 cIOS (might also be available v4, i don't remember)....for the game(s) in question, either of these will work....

either of these (or many others) can also be obtained from page 2 of Modmii and can be installed the same way you just did, FYI....

EDIT: if you're using GX loader, you will need a Hermes v4 cIOS as GX isn't compatible with Hermes v5....AFAIK ...before switching to v4, it probably would just be better to switch loaders to CFG or Wiiflow....

D

Deleted-188346

OP
brausm08 said:
i assume you're using a usb loader for this game....did you set the loader to use IOS223 for loading that game (or games as you reference RB3 and GH:WT)?

the 223 [37+38] is nothing you do per se, it's just a flavor of Hermes v4....223 [37] is a Hermes v5 cIOS (might also be available v4, i don't remember)....for the game(s) in question, either of these will work....

either of these (or many others) can also be obtained from page 2 of Modmii and can be installed the same way you just did, FYI....

EDIT: if you're using GX loader, you will need a Hermes v4 cIOS as GX isn't compatible with Hermes v5....AFAIK ...before switching to v4, it probably would just be better to switch loaders to CFG or Wiiflow....
Ah...I like USB Loader GX though. xD I already have lots of disc images and such on there.
I just tried installing Hermes v4 to 223 (over the top of my v5), and it failed.
I assume I need to clear 223 before trying again.
How do I restore 223 back to normal?

As a last measure, I'll try Wiiflow or CFG.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should just install right over the top (no uninstall necessary)....were you using the v4 installer or the specific 223v4[37+38] wad....? if you have cIOS236, use MMM and install the cIOS in wad format....everything can be had from Modmii (link in sig)

i used to use GX, but it's growing more obsolete by the day! ...wiiflow is beautiful... you'd find the switch worth it....i promise.....

see my sig for my complete configuration....that's all available via Modmii as well (except the 250-wiiflow, that you'd have to get via the google code site)

i'll check on this thread tomorrow afternoon again, but hopefully you'll have it all figured out by then....

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Puppy_Washer said:
brausm08 said:

Ah...I like USB Loader GX though. xD I already have lots of disc images and such on there.
I just tried installing Hermes v4 to 223 (over the top of my v5), and it failed.
I assume I need to clear 223 before trying again.
How do I restore 223 back to normal?

As a last measure, I'll try Wiiflow or CFG.
Nope, never clear things on the Wii, just overwrite them.

oh and I would definitely try cfg or wiiflow, far better than gx IMHO

EDIT: thats the 2nd time brausm08 has ninja'd me today
ninja.gif

D

Deleted-188346

OP
person66 said:
Nope, never clear things on the Wii, just overwrite them.
I tried using the v4 installer to go from v5 to v4, and it didn't work. Everything downloaded, but it failed at actually installing.
Installing v4 the first time was fine. So was v5. But going from v5 to v4 didn't work.

So, anytitledeleter would be a bad option for solving this?
I read on another thread that it's the preferred way to solve errors.

I just tried using the "223v4[37+38] wad", and that just failed instantly when using wad manager.
Would Multi Mod Manager have better chances?

D

Deleted-188346

OP
XFlak said:
to overwrite an IOS with a lower version (ie. downgrade an IOS) u need to be using a IOS with the version patch, typically found in cIOS236 and newer versions of cIOS249/250
Thanks, I've now got Hermes v4 on 223 with 37/38 merged. I'm also using Wiiflow now, too.
Still not working!
ohnoes.png

We're making progress though!

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Wever said:
Did you configure wiiflow to use cIOS 223 for rock band 3?
Sure did. cIOS 223 and "default" seem to let the guitar connect, although only the plus and minus buttons appear to work. The d-pad, A, B, and 1 and 2 buttons do not work. Every other IOS does not let the guitar connect at all.

So, are we sure that Rock Band 3 uses IOS37, with the mic, and new 103 button guitars?

I'd like to say thankyou to all users that have helped out so far, I really appreciate it.

yabel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had my Wii modded for almost 2 yrs now and love it. I have helped some friends and family members figure it out but Im a little fuzzy on which CIOS to update and which bases to update them with. I understand the IOS updates and have used Wan cios rev20b last with Hermes because of 222 needed for a game. I have updated most bases in 249 is there a list of what ios/bases that should be updated or not? Plus a description of what it fixes?
I did find a small list:
---- CIOS249 with base 57 for faster loading of USB / Wi-Fi support better

---- CIOS250 with base 37 for games / music, Monster Hunter Tri and WiiSpeak.

---- CIOS248 with base 38 when using an older wadmanager others.
IOS36 -> required by most homebrew and games

IOS37 -> Games / Music, Monster Hunter Tri and WiiSpeak.

IOS38 -> if you use an older wadmanager Others

IOS53 -> Plus WiiFit

IOS55 -> some newer games will print an error message # 002

IOS57 -> enhanced USB support, Ethernet support may

IOS60 -> SDHC support

IOS61 -> SDHC support

IOS70 -> SDHC support

IOS80 -> SDHC support
Sorry if its posted but been searching googling so I can update and be done with it for a while.
I know rev21 is out but many complaints so I wait for dust to settle on it.
thx

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Edited first post! Check there for updated/detailed information on problem!

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Sorry for bumping, I really need some more help. My completely non-related topic title doesn't help either...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.