Hacking installing cia without fbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently the OP wants to install the games to the sdcard using the computer. as far as I know this cannot be done by any means at all, as the info required to do this is on the 3ds itself.

it's the same reason you can't just transfer a sdcard to a new 3ds and have the stuff on it work. you need info from that 3ds to perform the install, even with sigpatching.

Exactly why I suggested Boop, the OP did specifically ask about installing CIA files. Freeshop works. And for CIA, files Boop works well.. I miss the socket punch android app though.

Reactions: aykay55

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what the op wants is a method that doesn't require for him to have a copy of the cia file on the SD card in order to install it, if that's the case you should use the remote install feature of FBI, just be warned, the installation takes more time than having the cia on your sd card.

Last edited by lordkaos,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what the op wants is a method that doesn't require for him to have a copy of the cia file on the SD card in order to install it, if that's the case you should use the remote install feature of FBI.

Exactly why I suggested Boop, You use Boop to serve files to FBI in the remote install from URL function.

Reactions: lordkaos

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then they are transferred over the wi-fi which is too slow for him.

he wants to do what you do with a DS flashcart. copy them to the card and play immediately.

to the best of my knowledge this is impossible.
he wants to minimize sd writes, but also to NOT USE WI-FI.

I believe the issue is the ticket must be installed to the NAND.

Last edited by Zaphod77,
Reactions: Vitaminer

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then they are transferred over the wi-fi which is too slow for him.

he wants to do what you do with a DS flashcart. copy them to the card and play immediately.

to the best of my knowledge this is impossible.
he wants to minimize sd writes, but also to NOT USE WI-FI.

I believe the issue is the ticket must be installed to the NAND.

I understand his question. Once again, It's good to want things. What the OP wants doesn't exist. He wants a "showmiiwads" type program. Currently not possible due to the encryption regime Ninty implemented in the 3DS. Not gonna happen. Done crying? Let's find a best case solution. Oh, I already did. Boop. The only drag and drop functionality for 3DS roms is Gateway or Sky3DS. Sorry to tell you. They don't use .CIA files though, and they are both more complicated than drag n drop anyway. Plus both teams really are shady fucks. Not the best option. Installing a .tik to the nand will let you download the title from the E-Shop. You should just use Freeshop for that. To install a .CIA, with the least read/writes, not taking out the SD, not writing it to SD twice then your ONLY option is Boop. Currently the best way. I know you wanted no WiFi, but you're stuck with what's available unless you can REVERSE ENGINEER and code a new app for the scene. And once again.

THERE IS NO PC SIDE SOLUTION TO INSTALLING CIA FILES. THE 3DS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENCRYPTION AND THE INSTALLATION. THIS MUST BE DONE ON THE CONSOLE AS OF NOW. STOP POSTING "HE ASKED FOR SO AND SO" WHO CARES? IT'S NOT THERE. I ASKED EVERYONE TO READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING STUPID ASSED SHIT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED. BUT WE CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WANT CAN WE?

ewr43434343

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you could.

In the '3ds' folder on the 3ds, you have the completed installed 3ds games.

If people uploaded these, instead of the cia file,
you could in theory just drop these folders into your sd card and they would be installed instantly.

Let me give you an example.
You install a game on your PC.
However, you could just go to the installed folder, copy and paste it, and use that instead of installing it every time.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes you could.

In the '3ds' folder on the 3ds, you have the completed installed 3ds games.

If people uploaded these, instead of the cia file,
you could in theory just drop these folders into your sd card and they would be installed instantly.

Let me give you an example.
You install a game on your PC.
However, you could just go to the installed folder, copy and paste it, and use that instead of installing it every time.
No, for two reasons.

Firstly, the "3ds" folder contains homebrew, not games. You are thinking of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Secondly, the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder is encrypted per console. If you copy installed game files to another console it will not show up on the home menu and will not run.

The last thing is, please don't bump very old topics unless you have something important and useful to add, that anyone coming across the topic would need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom