Installing .CIA problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by phazonknight, Dec 5, 2014.

1. phazonknight
    OP

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Hey people, Ive notived that when I install a .cia file it misses with either an eshop dwl or another .cia where the file gets corrupted and needs to be deleted and reinstalled. Am I doing something wrong? I install using devmenu and then delete the .cia from the SD card after?

EDIT: I also go into data management in emunand and will that the .cia or eshop game is a question mark and that the file size is zero and that it cant be deleted from their and must be deleted from the dev menu

2. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I personally recommend BigBlueMenu by BigBlueBox... Run the .3DS ad use it to install the .CIA version. then try installing your .CIA of choice... Keep in mind, I don't know for sure, as I don't own a gateway...

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I always install stuff with DevMenu and they work fine. I can go into Data Management and everything is there.
    It might be a problem with your CIA conversions.

4. phazonknight
    OP

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    I have a .cia called title manager, is that dev menu or bigblue? or something completely different. Im mad cause it deleted my animal crossing .cia and I dont know how to inject my save file back into it again (since im assuming it saves to the SD card right? even though its a card 2 .cia). If i cant then sadly im done with that game there is so many times I can be forced to restart one game lol

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    your save could have been deleted when you uninstalled it

6. phazonknight
    OP

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Dayum, oh well, the game is dead to me now lol.