Homebrew Installing apps through title id/contents folder- 3ds CFW

HudU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!, I have a folder labeled "content" with files to a title on the 3ds. I was wondering, is it possible to install this folder into an application? Its the same fype of folder you would put in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and "titles" folder with all the listed titles under different categories such as "0004000e" etc. I tried to take one of my other titles installed and replace those files with these ones but it just gave me an error and said "card was removed" even though it was a digital title.

I was also wondering if there was an application that can manage files in installed system apps? If so, that would be super helpful

I can't install it through a cia or cxi (even though I have those) because it shares the same title id as face raiders (its a demo but uses face raiders as a base)

if possible please let me know. Thanks!

-Hud

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!, I have a folder labeled "content" with files to a title on the 3ds. I was wondering, is it possible to install this folder into an application? Its the same fype of folder you would put in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and "titles" folder with all the listed titles under different categories such as "0004000e" etc. I tried to take one of my other titles installed and replace those files with these ones but it just gave me an error and said "card was removed" even though it was a digital title.

I was also wondering if there was an application that can manage files in installed system apps? If so, that would be super helpful

I can't install it through a cia or cxi (even though I have those) because it shares the same title id as face raiders (its a demo but uses face raiders as a base)

-Hud
It needs to be a cia file to install. But the demo you got should be able to change the TID to allow it to install aswell. if not i dont think it really matters about face raiders.

Reactions: HudU_

HudU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It needs to be a cia file to install. But the demo you got should be able to change the TID to allow it to install aswell. if not i dont think it really matters about face raiders.
I did a bit of editing and I backed up my nand, deleted face raiders and tried to reinstall it via the demo cia and it never showed up on the home screen. Is there a file I can edit in hex to get it to show up on the home screen if I have the decompiled files?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!, I have a folder labeled "content" with files to a title on the 3ds.
Talk to whoever you got this folder from and get clear instructions from them. I very much doubt it is supposed to be as complicated as it seems.

At the very least, you will need to use ninfs to copy the data to your SD card in order to ensure it is properly encrypted (this is pretty much what custom-install does), and then you'll need some way to generate a ticket. But if it has the same title ID as another application, I don't know how you would do that.

Are you sure this isn't just supposed to work with Luma's layeredfs? Because that sounds a whole lot more likely to me.

Reactions: HudU_

HudU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talk to whoever you got this folder from and get clear instructions from them. I very much doubt it is supposed to be as complicated as it seems.

At the very least, you will need to use ninfs to copy the data to your SD card in order to ensure it is properly encrypted (this is pretty much what custom-install does), and then you'll need some way to generate a ticket. But if it has the same title ID as another application, I don't know how you would do that.

Are you sure this isn't just supposed to work with Luma's layeredfs? Because that sounds a whole lot more likely to me.
Im don't know much about Luma's Layerfs, but I believe this demo is a completely different application under the same title id rather than being a patch. Its an unreleased Nintendo e3 demo that used Face raiders as a base. You can look at my other posts if your more curious on it, but long story short, there was a broken dev system (hardware issue) a friend of mine found with this game on it, and through a few people helping us on gbatemp and me doing quite a bit of research, we managed to dump it over the course of a year. We now have a .cia, .cxi and this contents folder of this game but if you install it, it doesn't show up on the home screen, and if you delete face raiders and install it, it still doesn't show up. I read online editing a few files in hex can fix the not showing up issue or title id issue (and I do have the decompiled files made from a .cia using hackingtoolkit9ds, you can look at the photo) but im not sure which ones to edit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 12.29.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 12.29.38 AM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by HudU_,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you manage to build that demo title into a *.cia, you'll need to encrypt that file in order for its HOME Menu banner to appear and for it properly work as if it was a system title.
  • GodMode9 → press (A) on the demo.ciaCIA image options...Encrypt file (...)Encrypt inplace

HudU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you manage to build that demo title into a *.cia, you'll need to encrypt that file in order for its HOME Menu banner to appear and for it properly work as if it was a system title.
  • GodMode9 → press (A) on the demo.ciaCIA image options...Encrypt file (...)Encrypt inplace
It Works!!! Thank you so much! it doesn't show up on the home screen still but it shows up in the title list in FBI, and you can run it. This is insane!

Is there a way to also get it to show up on the homescreen?

EDIT: Nevermind it shows up, thanks!

Both my friend and I are talking to various organizations to get this out to the public in the right way. We'll have to see when we can get this released!

Last edited by HudU_,

rileydamien

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

-Hud
What is the id for face raiders?
Post automatically merged:

-Hud
What is the id for face raiders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello