installed homebrew channel what now ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Youkai, Oct 16, 2008.

Oct 16, 2008
  1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well hi,

could someone tell me what to do now after installing the homebrew channel ? i lend me zelda finaly and installed the homebrew channel with the twilight hack now i would like to know what i need and such so that i won't need the twilight hack anymore, i read you could use the homebrew channel to install the VC games and such ?

plz just tell me everything might it even be the most usless shit (as long as its related to how to use that homebrew stuff) i would feel better if i get everything explained as good as possible i have no money to get a new Wii XD

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    For VC games, and WiiWare games, put WADmanager (download @ wiibrew) in a folder on the root of your sd, called apps. (ROOT>apps>WADmanager>(content of wadmanager)).
    Then, get a reliable source for WAD's (vc games and WiiWare games).
    And put those WAD files in a folder called WAD (ROOT>WAD>(wad file's)).
    Make sure it's your region btw, you can use a region checker for it (don't remember where to download it though...).
    Then, launch WADmanager from the HBC, and install the games pressing +, and remove them using -.

(Don't install all your games, keep thinking about space for the channel, because there was someone who bricked his wii by putting to many WAD's on it.

3. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    thanks mate !

got the wad manager now and trying to install ...

is it normal that it stays at 0% for more than 1 min ?

------

umm ... i don't have to install the wad manager ? so this loading wad manager is only stuck at 0% cuz there is no wad on the sd card ?
    seems i am stuck at that screen

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Follow what Wabsta has said, and download applications from wiibrew, and follow read me instructions otherwise you might run into problems, e.g. the app not working.

5. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Remove anything in the Gamecube Memory card slots, and see if it's still stuck at 0%.

6. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany

meh that solved it [​IMG]

THANKS

but there is no icon or whatever when i start the homebrew channel ... is this normal ?

7. Rugapand

Newcomer Rugapand Advanced Member

Sweden
    Hey, I have a wii currently on 3.2E but I really want dokapon kingdom which seemingly requires 3.3, I have a couple of "Trucha patched" games and I was wondering, how good is Gecko OS at the moment?

8. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    the wad manager says opening wad file ok and installing wad érror ? oh ...
    i have 3 different dr. mario online wad ... maybe i used wrong one ? or are there some wad files with more than one part ?

well just installed Super Smash Brothers (work yay) and its BIG ! can i move the channel to SD card and still play or something ?
    smash brothers alone use 288 and i only have 1180 left