• Replies 122
  • Likes 19

Fapcop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just purchased a Micro SDHX card and is Fat32. I'll repost to see if that was the problem.

I tried with Pokemon and it still crashes. I have installed other games on my smaller SD card using the usb install method but they all crash. I thought that was normal until I've seen other peoples reactions to the games (they play for a really long time and no crashing)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with Pokemon and it still crashes. I have installed other games on my smaller SD card using the usb install method but they all crash. I thought that was normal until I've seen other peoples reactions to the games (they play for a really long time and no crashing)

Fat32 or Exfat?

Fapcop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat32 or Exfat?

Fat32. I've tried cutting the game files into parts, crashed. I tried doing it through USB, crashes.

I've seen people talking about actually putting the files onto their switch and then installing it that way and it runs without crashing.

What I mean't to say in my earlier post is that I bought a card that is a exfat. I had it backwards. Now this poses the problem of trying to update my sdcard drivers?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exfat could be your problem, usually corruption = Exfat. Try Fat32.

Google Minitool Partition Wizard to format to Fat32.

Cutting the game into parts is not for Exfat it's for Fat32 only because there's a 4 gb limit on file sizes but if you use usb install there's no limit. The 4 gb limit on Fat32 is only when you put the nsp on your sd card and try to install it from there. If you need further help make a new thread because this thread is about installing from computer using a usb cable only not really about games crashing.

Last edited by ,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing really. Only difference is CFW. Perhaps your download is just bad. Try verifying the file or grabbing a different one?

No, this game is fine. I drag and drop it onto my SD through macOS and reinsert to Switch and installed. Everything is good but install via usb runs but when I run this game.. I got an error.

Exfat could be your problem, usually corruption = Exfat. Try Fat32.

Google Minitool Partition Wizard to format to Fat32.

Cutting the game into parts is not for Exfat it's for Fat32 only because there's a 4 gb limit on file sizes but if you use usb install there's no limit. The 4 gb limit on Fat32 is only when you put the nsp on your sd card and try to install it from there. If you need further help make a new thread because this thread is about installing from computer using a usb cable only not really about games crashing.

I thought so. However Bla1ze has an exfat with it and doesn't have an issues. I don't understand.

gothteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, this saves a bunch of time (as in, no more sd removal and insertion which will mean no more borked sd ports all together). The only downside ive noticed is that some games will, and others just wont install at all this way :( (looking at you splatoon!!)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this game is fine. I drag and drop it onto my SD through macOS and reinsert to Switch and installed. Everything is good but install via usb runs but when I run this game.. I got an error.

I thought so. However Bla1ze has an exfat with it and doesn't have an issues. I don't understand.

You're not guaranteed to have corruption on Exfat, but you're more likely to have corruption. I've never heard one person ever say they have a corrupt sd card with Fat32. Exfat, many, many times.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does the game run fine or not?

I havent tried aluminium foil for I dont know how to use it.

Only one I have in the page 1 isnt playing at all. An error. So i uninstalled this game and use my sd card instead and its working fine as usually. Anyway, I am sick of remove sd all the time.

Know to solve it ?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pressed 1 to install and nothing happens. I have the file in the nsp folder that came with the zip and I do have the correct driver installed. Did I somehow miss a step, install python library says everything is installed.

edit
about the update zip file, where do I put all these tinfoil files, the nro file in the sd card but what about the rest of the zip. maybe that will make this work for me, if I use these files.

Edit
I think I realized what I was doing wrong but I’ll have to wait till I get home to check. I believe I’m really supposed to put the updated tinfoil file or files in the folder that came with the zip file. Can’t really remember but I recall seeing a tinfoil.nro file there.
Edit
Got tinfoil usb to work

Attachments

• 2FED83BA-CC9B-4004-B97C-1A47A32AA07C.jpeg
    2FED83BA-CC9B-4004-B97C-1A47A32AA07C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited by fst312,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you get yours from? i tried 2 different sources
I just used kosmos sd file updater. I will say this I wish I used that from the start, I just started using usb install. Those other tinfoil nros I’ve seen didn’t help me. Three days straight of why I can’t get this to work and that was this week lol.

Edit
Just in case you don’t have it on your hb menu.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/

Last edited by fst312,
Reactions: nando

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks fst312. but i just ran into a different problem. i accidentally deleted the usb py script, i downloaded another one (don't remember where i originally got it from) and it automatically crashes my switch upon sending headers.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks fst312. but i just ran into a different problem. i accidentally deleted the usb py script, i downloaded another one (don't remember where i originally got it from) and it automatically crashes my switch upon sending headers.
Try getting that file from the first page on this thread I think the one I’m using is from the latest update. If anything when I get home I’ll upload the tinfoil usb folder I got on my computer.

Reactions: nando

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does this work fine with Mac? I have python installed and updated.

I guess that usb_install_pc.py should work, but I ask because Zadig drivers are an exe file.

Last edited by fallingrat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.