Homebrew Install Legit CIA 2DS 9.2

nino08807

Universal Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install a few legit cias on my 2ds version 9.2 but all the youtube videos say 9.3+ and I have homebrew and fbi when I open fbi, it works fine and I can do everything but the install cia option isn't there. I tried to upgrade through safesysupdater and sysupdater but none are working so in safesysudater I did the cia file md5 test and one of them failed. I got the firmware fresh from the mega folder with all of the 3ds and n3ds versions and firmwares is it the firmware package that I got? I just want to install the cias without updating but if I have to update that's fine too but Id rather not. I have easy homebrew access (oot3dhax). What do I do to install them?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 9.2, you can install any damn CIA that you want, legit or not.

I would advise getting the latest version of FBI and also to stop following youtube tutorials. They are always outdated and you are much more likely to screw something up by following outdated directions and/or using outdated tools.

nino08807

Universal Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried NASA and it said it installed fine but I restarted and it wasn't on the home screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what are some alternate cia installers besides nasa and fbi? Ill try some of them

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Do not rely on youtube
2) You are on expoitable firmware. Do not update. I assume you aren't using cfw since you want to just install legit cias. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ Follow this guide to part 4 step 17. It will have you setup emunand, luma, fbi on emunand, and unlink your nands (which is what you will want to do to get the most out of your ds)

nino08807

Universal Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do the install cia option or install and delete cia options aren't there

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok sn0w so I looked at the guide you posted I have one question, what does arm9loaderhax do?

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are on Firmwafe 9.2 which makes you able to use CFW and install unsigned/non-legit cia files. Arm9LoaderHax goes even further than making an emunand and use a CFW. With a9lh you have almost complete control over your device only milliseconds after boot and you won't need emunand anymore. But it is your choice if you do a9lh (even tho I would recommend it).

nino08807

Universal Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out. I used an outdated version of FBI. So I installed all of the ones I wanted except for one when I got to the last one I got an error saying cert signature or hash check failed I tried downloading fbi again and got a brand new cia and I'm still getting the same thing. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte