Hacking Install Gateway on 2.1.0-4E O3DS

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I had a useless Gateway (since I didn't have a 3ds anymore) until a few days ago, I got an old3ds which came up with the 2.1.0-4E firmware.

I was wondering if you could tell me how to install the GW on this 3DS ? Since it's a 2.1FW, do I need to update with a game cart the 3ds to a firmware between 4.5 to 9.2, and then do the mset exploit with the gateway blue cart ?
I prefer asking first, as I don't wanna do any mistakes.

Thanks for your answers,

Leslie

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
To use a Gateway, yes, you would need to update to at least 4.5. But it might also be worth looking into setting up CFW, especially since your 3DS is already on 2.1.0-4, which makes setting up for arm9loaderhax much easier.

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I know about the CFWs (I had before an rxtools 3ds) but as I already have the GW, I prefer to use it than letting it rot in a drawer (and I find *.3ds more convenient).

So, updating with a game cart, the mset exploit with the blue cart will work ?

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMO you should consider to install arm9loaderhax since you are on the perfect firmware to dump your OTP. With your current firmware version you don't have to take the risk of a downgrade process.

Edit: or at least dump the OTP of your console before to proceed with the upgrade.

Last edited by Manuel9181,

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I'll definitely dump the OTP, in case I'll need it later. To dump it, it's via a website launched on the 3ds browser, right ? And then with a compiling tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4