Install DLC. Nsp?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Kenji177, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Kenji177
    OP

Kenji177 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Germany
    Germany
    I have been searching for a way to install DLCs, but using tinfoil i get the "failed to install" error.

Is There a way to install game Updates and DLCs downloaden from CDNSP?

Im using latest ReiNX sd files

2. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Use devmenu

Kenji177 likes this.
  3. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Devmenu does it just make sure the filename is under 64 characters.

Kenji177 likes this.
  4. Kenji177
    OP

Kenji177 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Germany
    Germany
    I tried devmenu but it still failed.

Now i will rename the files and try again.

Thank you guys for the Quick replies

5. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Renaming the file to a shorter and simple name will probably work.
    Did it work?

6. Kenji177
    OP

Kenji177 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Germany
    Germany
    Yes it worked!

To be Sure i also removed the space between Words.

Someone should make a Full tutorial on this, since searching doesn't get any results

7. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    There's already a tutorial for this topic. At least you found your solution. You can just have an admin close this thread from further replies since it is unnecessary

8. Rasa39

Rasa39 LovesCuteShiz

Aug 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Is there a limit to how much dlc you can install per game? Usually my installs are fine but I've had trouble with Gal*Gun 2 dlc.
    At first I thought it was certain dlc but after a bunch of testing I realised that I can install any dlc, but only 8 of them.
    As soon as I install 9 or more dlc the game freezes on the loading screen and I have to force shutdown my switch.

All other games and dlc install for me, but they only ever have 1-3 dlc on average so just wondered if that's currently an issue or if it's just me. (using tinfoil btw)
    (sorry if this seems like a hijack, just curious)

Last edited by Rasa39, Aug 21, 2018
  9. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I was able to load 21 DLC for Gal*Gun 2 with crash. Might be because I used devmenu. You might've installed a corrupted DLC. Delete the software and try installing the DLC again. Make sure it's for the game's region. US & JP both have a different title ID

senpu likes this.
  10. Rasa39

Rasa39 LovesCuteShiz

Aug 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I had trouble with the downloads at first, but I did fresh downloads for each dlc. A corrupt one was my first thought but when testing to find the corrupt dlc that is when I realised all dlc will work without corruption, just so long as I don't install more than 8.

I use the US dlc, on an eshop dump of the game (which is the same version for EU/US), sitting at 5.1 exfat. Oh and I have the latest update installed too.
    I'm not sure about using devmenu, would need to get hold of it somehow first, but I've heard it can mess up the switch just by having the nsp installed unlike the 3ds devmenu.

11. Pesmerga

Pesmerga Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Japan
    Hey guys. Im using ReinX and installed game update/DLC through tinfoil but im getting "there is a possibility that the nintendo account used to purchase this software has been unlinked.." after launching the game.

Base game works properly.

Thanks in advance

12. Juggalo Debo

Juggalo Debo GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    United States
    Nine Realms
    I'm using sx os and having issue with pokken tournament it says install successful but doesn't work in-game..... game is xci dlc/update is nsp

13. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    use tinfoil nightlies