Hacking Install cias in SysNand

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey there. I guess that title says it all. How can someone install cias into SysNand (if it is even possible)? Thanks for any response.
Are you looking to install legit cias into sysnand or something like FBI as i believe it installs any cias you have into sysnand.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DevMenu and FBI 2 (since 2.3.4 or something, before it used wrong logic) automatically select the correct destination for titles that need to be installed to nand, while in FBI 1 you select that manually

Both titleid and exheader flags byte specify the correct destination (the former for choosing where to install, the latter for making the title actually run), even then it's not guaranteed they will work correctly even if edited to install on the other memory

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Only DSi games are installed to the NAND, everything else is installed on your SD card, iirc...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I think it's the twl that's for dsi games. there's not much space in there. I have like thirty or forty forwarder channels of maybe 2MB-3MBs apiece, and it's full.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah, I think it's the twl that's for dsi games. there's not much space in there. I have like thirty or forty forwarder channels of maybe 2MB-3MBs apiece, and it's full.
twln is for DS/DSi mode apps, and ctrnand is for 3DS titles (the ones that install to internal storage, of course)

Reactions: godreborn

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok then. So, is there a way of installing FBI and other stuff in CTRNand?
Modify them to install to internal storage... again, no guarantee they will work correctly

I was not aware that anything installed directly to the ctrNAND aside from tickets. thanks!
Where do you think system settings comes from? :)

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1