Instacheck v2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DestinyFeather, Feb 21, 2014.

1. DestinyFeather
    OP

DestinyFeather GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37221-(X-Y)-KeySAV-Box-Data-Viewer
    :D

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    "This program does not export any data from your save file."

[​IMG]
    I broke their defenses :P

cearp likes this.
  3. Luis Felipe Gonzalez

Luis Felipe Gonzalez Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2012
    Colombia
    Bogotá, Colombia
    would a r4i save dongle save file work with this?

4. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    no, because r4i can't read the sector for nand saves.

Multiple people (including myself) made dumps, and the file is filled with nothing but 00s.

Release please XD

5. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States

he won't; those were debug functions when I was making the program.

I went and turned off the stuff that people don't need to use... because the most useful stuff is the box viewing.

Unless you want to get the encryption stream for one slot at a time (instead of 30 at a time), you'll be able to do nothing extra with it. All it does is read data from your save file, no writing (because that hasn't been figured out yet).

(alt checkflag switches to the alternate save file location; they swap positions when you save which is why 2 saves are required)
    (dump key allows you to dump an entire box's key with a blank assuming it is empty; it was used to develop and check the box breaker's feasibility, since that was developed last)
    (native EKX allows you to get the keystream if you already have the encrypted PKX data for a single slot)
    (foreign EKX was our first way of getting the keystream for a single slot; was before we figured out the box-breaking exploit)

A lot of it was just manual input; for public release I was able to automate and simplify the process. :)

6. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    It's a start, but ultimately useless. It'll only be worth while when it can make modifications and actually save them.

7. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    so , only power save can get the save file ?
    i need to buy one

8. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    You're entitled to believe whatever you want, but no, it's not useless. IV / SV checking of an entire box at a time. That's definitely useful to some communities, but not useful for scriptkiddies to inject their hacks.

You can use it with eShop digital copies. The only way to get the save file off of a retail cart is through the PowerSaves device.

NEP and Yepi69 like this.
  9. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    i can ?
    how to do it ?

10. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
  11. Hozu
    This message by Hozu has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2014, Reason: Off-topic "discussion".
    Feb 21, 2014
  12. Purple_Smart96
    This message by Purple_Smart96 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2014, Reason: Off-topic "discussion".
    Feb 21, 2014
  13. Hozu
    This message by Hozu has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2014, Reason: Off-topic "discussion".
    Feb 21, 2014
  14. Purple_Smart96
    This message by Purple_Smart96 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2014, Reason: Off-topic "discussion".
    Feb 21, 2014
  15. Hozu
    Feb 22, 2014
  16. Purple_Smart96
    Feb 22, 2014
  17. Hozu
    Feb 22, 2014
  18. Kaphotics
    This message by Kaphotics has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2014, Reason: Off-topic "discussion".
    Feb 22, 2014
  19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    People Hozu has managed to be a member for 3 and a half years at this point (posting in all of them, not just lurking) without getting into trouble. Having a quick scan the site in question, which was not linked, it would not appear to contravene any GBAtemp rules and people are quite free to enact harsher rules on sites they control. When your main audience includes the pokemon set, much less the subset that is inclined to hack without putting in the effort to learn hacking, I can say from experience it is a toxic community and an iron fist in an attempt to ensure some civility is a good thing; we do the same thing here and where anybody can make a non translation hack thread that has no hope of getting anywhere every pokemon hack gets to be vetted first.

Now the remark might have ranked as a snide one, and indeed I do not care about cheating, much less the form I consider entirely acceptable of generating mons as they could reasonably and easily be obtained in the normal game or that could be expected by those that move entirely within "official" circles, so meh, but if we slapped everybody for a such a thing then we would have no members. Everybody has said their piece, there is no outstanding hurts needing comment and we have an interesting new program to discuss in a interesting world -- most of this is largely side channel hacking, such a thing is quite rare in console/game hacking world where we instead have traditionally seen the console in question being totally owned and the only troubles being nobody has put in the effort to reverse engineer the game code. It might even serve to pay attention here as this sort of thing might be the future as console makers get someone competent to create security for their consoles (not to mention increasing code complexity means higher level inferences are a more and more useful way of looking at things), learning now leaves less of a gap later.

If you must discuss it then take it to another thread.

20. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    YES! This works for digital!

21. fierce waffle

fierce waffle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2012
    United States
    As did I! Haha

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Yeah, still worthless to me. If I ever truly need to check the stats of one of my guys, I would just use the IV checker in the last town. I don't get box-fulls of Pokemon at a time, especially when I can't use Pokebank on my 3DS anyway.

Yeah, I can only dream of this. :rolleyes: