Input Hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dajavax, Nov 17, 2008.

1. dajavax
    OP

dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    Mexico
    Monterrey
    Ok, I don't know how much would this be possible. Change inputs from within the filesystem of the game iso. This would help to make for example, Rock Band compatible with Guitar Hero instruments (or at least guitar)... I know it was possible in the NDS because they managed to make the buttons of the NDS work as the guitar strip and I would assume it can be possible for Wii games too. Anyone think this can be possible?

2. Mrkinator

Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Great White North, Eh!
    That'd be sweet! But I'm not sure it's possible.

3. Rykin

Rykin GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2004
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    The problem is that I think many people don't know where to start hacking a Wii game for this feature.

On the DS, someone can modify the ROM, load it in an emulator, and then see what happens. For Wii game, you have to make a modification, burn the disc, and then see the results- a much slower and more painstaking procedure.

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    mmmmmm....not sure if it's possible but if you want to play rockband songs on GH, better get the GH-RBedition.iso

5. dajavax
    OP

dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    Mexico
    Monterrey
    i guess i'll do that... i wanted to be able to use the drums and stuff but oh well... they are still expensive for what it is xD... it was just i didn't liked the idea of having two guitars

6. Rykin

Rykin GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2004
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    Rock Band 2 will is supposed to work with the GH3 Guitar, and all the RB1 instruments.

With that said, I believe RB2 for the Wii will be better than GHWT for the Wii.

7. whitegoose

whitegoose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Canada
    i bought one at walmart that supports both games. it has a little dipswitch on the side of it that allows you to select either rockband or guitar hero 3. to run for GH3, you need to insert the wiimote in the back of it, for rockband you need to put in 6(i think) AA batteries.

i cant remember for the life of me who makes it now...

*Edit*

found it!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=26891#

the guitar evolution by icon.

8. WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

May 8, 2008
    Istanbul
    Actually you can use gecko os for that I guess... It will load patches to the program from the sd card... for better one need a usbgecko to find the patches...

9. dajavax
    OP

dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    Mexico
    Monterrey
    ohh that seems to be awesome... i had just decided to buy nyko one for $20 lol... but know i'll have to think a while more xD... or maybe just get GH3, GH:WT, and RB2... as they all seem to be compatible within each other... decisions, decisions...