Input Hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dajavax, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008

Input Hacking by dajavax at 5:13 PM (1,124 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dajavax
    OP

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Ok, I don't know how much would this be possible. Change inputs from within the filesystem of the game iso. This would help to make for example, Rock Band compatible with Guitar Hero instruments (or at least guitar)... I know it was possible in the NDS because they managed to make the buttons of the NDS work as the guitar strip and I would assume it can be possible for Wii games too. Anyone think this can be possible?

2. Mrkinator

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    That'd be sweet! But I'm not sure it's possible.

3. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The problem is that I think many people don't know where to start hacking a Wii game for this feature.

On the DS, someone can modify the ROM, load it in an emulator, and then see what happens. For Wii game, you have to make a modification, burn the disc, and then see the results- a much slower and more painstaking procedure.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    mmmmmm....not sure if it's possible but if you want to play rockband songs on GH, better get the GH-RBedition.iso

5. dajavax
    OP

Mexico
    i guess i'll do that... i wanted to be able to use the drums and stuff but oh well... they are still expensive for what it is xD... it was just i didn't liked the idea of having two guitars

6. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Rock Band 2 will is supposed to work with the GH3 Guitar, and all the RB1 instruments.

With that said, I believe RB2 for the Wii will be better than GHWT for the Wii.

7. whitegoose

Newcomer whitegoose Member

Canada
    i bought one at walmart that supports both games. it has a little dipswitch on the side of it that allows you to select either rockband or guitar hero 3. to run for GH3, you need to insert the wiimote in the back of it, for rockband you need to put in 6(i think) AA batteries.

i cant remember for the life of me who makes it now...

*Edit*

found it!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=26891#

the guitar evolution by icon.

8. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Actually you can use gecko os for that I guess... It will load patches to the program from the sd card... for better one need a usbgecko to find the patches...

9. dajavax
    OP

Mexico
    ohh that seems to be awesome... i had just decided to buy nyko one for $20 lol... but know i'll have to think a while more xD... or maybe just get GH3, GH:WT, and RB2... as they all seem to be compatible within each other... decisions, decisions...