Injecting save files to patched scene dumps ???

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by EnderMX, Sep 3, 2014.

1. EnderMX
    OP

EnderMX Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Maldives
    -I got the scene dump of Pokemon X (the CONTRAST one)
    -As it does not have a valid header i can't use it online.
    -So i injected a random header into it using Gateway Rom Patcher
    -Then i injected a community save file into it.
    -But when I loaded the game using the latest updated EmuNand, it said that the savefile is corrupted.
    -So is it possible to inject community save files into patched scene dump roms such as a valid header injected Pokemon X CONTRAST scene dump rom ???

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    the community save file must have been created by a rom with the same header, then the save file and the rom should be compatible

EnderMX likes this.
  3. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    If we can decrypt saves I'm sure we can transfer saves.

EnderMX likes this.
  4. EnderMX
    OP

EnderMX Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Maldives

- Correct me if i am wrong, but does that mean I can't use my own personally dumped headers with community savefile patched scene dump roms such as Pokemon X???
    - If so, is there a way to convert a save file to match your own header to avoid use of public headers ( for obvious reasons)

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    No, saves are tied to the header, if you get Pokebank you could transfer everything from the public header save to a personal header save

But for the.record, it's just as feasible that nintendo could ban based on people using headers from different games.....or even.for using gateway full stop, I think people are panicing over paranoia, there is no indication anyone will be banned, but if you want to try be safe just use Pokebank to transfer them all

EnderMX likes this.