Hacking injecting 3ds save into 3dz (pokemon)

Criznittle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's been asked before, but the search function didn't turn up the results i was looking for, nor did the noob paradise thread.

Is it possible to backup my 3ds save from pokemon, inject the header, inject the save back in, and change it to 3dz?
Does the order matter or is the save incompatible with 3dz?

Every attempt I've made has failed and given me the line "The save game data is corrupted." everyone is so familiar with.
Could it be giving this error because i updated pokemon to v1.2?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yes its been asked a whole bunch of times but again .3DS saves are not compatible with .3DZ roms, that it....nothing else makes any difference

Criznittle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the hasty reply, but i also can't get the pokemon y community save to work without getting this error.
The pokemon X community save that i used before the update works just fine.

Are you positive the v1.2 update doesn't affect anything?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
positive, are you using the right save for the rom i.e not trying to use the X save one Y

also if your trying to use the online save you need to use the included header too

PS the main community save is only for .3ds usage, there is a separate .3dz version of the save to use online with the corresponding header included....i personally made that save so i know it works fine online with that header

Criznittle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow such quick responses, it's much appreciated!

I'm using the 'MGS1980 Y' save on an unedited Pokemon Y rom from the CONTRAST release group.

Should i try to use the save on Pokemon X?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wow such quick responses, it's much appreciated!

I'm using the 'MGS1980 Y' save on an unedited Pokemon Y rom from the CONTRAST release group.

Should i try to use the save on Pokemon X?
you cant use the main community saves online, they are only compatible with .3ds roms, look in the thread there is a .3dz save for X

Criznittle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay. thanks for clearing that up. I assumed the mgs saves were meant for online play. silly me

I was hoping to grab some of the mega stones and extra pokemon included on that save to trade to a friend on GTS
I'll just stick with the save you created.

Will the 3dz save receive another update in the near future?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well the save i made was basically MGS1980's save but all transferred to a online save, everything that was on the main save will also be on the online save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit