Inject roms into newer wads?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by McPhizzle, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011

Inject roms into newer wads? by McPhizzle at 11:25 PM (1,404 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. McPhizzle
    OP

Newcomer McPhizzle Newbie

United States
    Is this possible? I tried injecting games that are known to cause problems into some other wads, but it appears that the newer ones are compressed. I searched the forums, found wwcxtool which helped me decompress 00000001.app, but nothing else.

All of the auto injectors I've tried won't work, and I've heard of people saying I should do it manually, but I haven't found any way to do this, and I'm assuming I will have to decompress 00000005.app in order to do so anyway.

My reason for doing this is because on all the various compatibility lists for injecting, DKC2 is the most popular wad, which I'm assuming is based primarily on the size of the game at the time. All the games that don't work with DKC2 may have a chance of working with a newer wad now. It's worth a try.

Any help on this is appreciated.

PS: The wad I'm trying to inject into is Super Mario RPG, which I've heard of other people having success with, so it must be possible.

PPS: Yes I know homebrew SNES emulators exist, but I prefer channels for all of my games.

2. dronesplitter

Member dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. wilsoff

Member wilsoff GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

5. McPhizzle
    OP

Newcomer McPhizzle Newbie

United States
  6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well It's been far too long for me... I'd have to study up on that.....

I'm much to bussy playing with my IDE-EXI adapter. If only Swiss was compatible with more games. and memory card managment.