Inheritance

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad was left some money by his uncle (possibly great uncle). My dad died about 1 1/2 years ago so the money is left to us kids. There are 5, 4 of which are over 18. Now supposedly they won't release how much money / what it is unless we "sign" for it. It is being handled by the state so it's not a scam. But here is the scam, my brother has paperwork stating that we, meaning us other survivors, renounce rights to the inheritance to my brother and then he is supposed to disperse the money.

Can he be legally bound to disperse the funds? I don't have the paperwork but my mom got it for my sister. If this is legally binding him to give the money I suppose I can sign it, but my brother is a heroin addict, so there is NO chance I will be signing over any rights to him for ANYTHING EVER. He has stolen from literally everyone in our family. I don't know what to do. I could really use some money right now, but I also don't want my brother stealing all of it.

If anyone knows of anything like this let me know.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
never renounce your rights for anything.

get the paperwork, take it to an actual lawyer. Your brother probably had the paperwork written up with the idea of stealing the money in mind.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what the contract says.

If all it says is that he chooses how to disperse the money, he could choose to keep all but $5, with which he will give to you all.

Happens.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
It depends on what the contract says.

If all it says is that he chooses how to disperse the money, he could choose to keep all but $5, with which he will give to you all.

Happens.

This. I will also say that if you can afford any type of legal counsel do it. If you feel confident in interpreting the contact yourself I would still advise seeking legal help. They a scumbags but they can read into the shit that would otherwise pass right by you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night