Hacking Info on IOSes

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an old meme, where ignorant users for some reason feel compelled to clean the IOS's on their systems, even though it literally has no effect on their system performance whatsoever. This led to the dangerous situation of people just randomly deleting critical IOS's from their systems leaving them in a bricked state. If you have to ask what IOS is safe and what to keep your already asking a stupid question and deserve to be mocked. Deleting IOS50 on System 3.4 is the equivalent to deleting the System32 folder in windows.
i was going to write the pun form system 32, but was like... i think this guy its really asking for real, lol.

"Theoretically Speaking, JUST Theoretically" you could delete all IOS, except 80, 58, 236, 249, 250 and 251.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a dumb meme. (And it doesn't fit here anyway because System Menu v514 is 4.3, not 3.4.)

For what it's worth, I generally try to be helpful when people ask for help with problems, rather than telling them something that could break their system.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a dumb meme. (And it doesn't fit here anyway because System Menu v514 is 4.3, not 3.4.)

For what it's worth, I generally try to be helpful when people ask for help with problems, rather than telling them something that could break their system.
Thats why its old, in this case would be "Delete your IOS 80 to Speed Your Wii", its just a pun, the thread its pretty old, but some people somehow refuse to follow the normal ways or the common ways to keep their wii updated. or the safe way, yeah, the safe way, lets just call it like that.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
You must be new here, "Accidental Updates" are FAR MORE common on most consoles that you could mention, starting by the 3DS lol. and personally, i dont see the need to delete Hermes IOS, also, some versions of MMM or ModMii, Run on IOS 236, mostly due to cIOS 36 has AHBPROT, and gives those homebrew, full hardware access.
I'm not new here, i'm here from 2007 as you can se below my avatar and i follow the wii scene from the beginning.
Here we're not talking about the 3ds, we are talking about Wii, and accidental updates are not so common right now because Nintendon doesn't update the Wii system menu from 4.3 that came out in 2010, because the games that everyone here loads from USB are without the update partition, because Waninkoko System menu that at the time were very popular prevent from online updates, the same with priiloader that prevents disc updates too. And accidental updates doesn't affect homebrew neither exploits, because of the HBC's title id LULZ and off course letterbomb that isn't fixed.
He asked if he needs to install Hermes cIOS. He doesn't because right now everything is done with d2xcIOSes that even if you are so dumb to make an accidental updates can be installed with an higher revision than Nintendo's (preventing overwrite) and in another slot different from 249/250 (preventing overwrite too).
And IOS 236 has nothing to do with Hermes cIOS, as i say and as you can see in my signature i have it too in rev 3351 instead of of my regular IOS 36 rev 3608, but for different reasons.
Far more important is the IOS 58 that has AHBPROT and gives full hardware access, not 36.
So i don't understand what's your point.

Last edited by Zonta85,

knm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hermes CIOS 202, 222-224 only works on Uloader 5.1x, which it support games from HDD and run burned disc from External DVD.

Last edited by knm,

espositodnl86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your help! :)
So... it's safe to delete Hermes cIOSes and I am not risking any brick, right? :unsure:
What software can I use to do remove those IOSes?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your help! :)
So... it's safe to delete Hermes cIOSes and I am not risking any brick, right? :unsure:
What software can I use to do remove those IOSes?

Thanks again!
It's safe to delete them, is not danger and they're not necessary, but isn'nt necessary to delete them, is only if u want a more "clean" wii.

You can delete them with any title deleter mod. If u want more information PM in private cause we are both italian and we can speak in our language, and in a more immediate way ;)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Far more important is the IOS 58 that has AHBPROT and gives full hardware access, not 36.

Technically any ios can have ahbprot, as long as the launched title has the correct setting (as the value comes from a ticket or tmd), it's just that many people use it through the HBC which nowadays uses 58 :)

Reactions: Cyan

espositodnl86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's safe to delete them, is not danger and they're not necessary, but isn'nt necessary to delete them, is only if u want a more "clean" wii.

You can delete them with any title deleter mod. If u want more information PM in private cause we are both italian and we can speak in our language, and in a more immediate way ;)
Sorry but I can't figure out how to send a PM... :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo