Increasing Wifi Range

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by shakirmoledina, Mar 24, 2008.

1. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Is it possible to increase the wifi range for the DS by modifying it externally? I got some connections further away from home so wanted to know if it possible but seems hogwash so please educate me [​IMG]

2. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    You can increase it by opening it, but there's not "external" mod.

3. comtois

comtois Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    i think the easiest way to get a better signal from a far way source is to use a booster (something that grabs a fading wireless signal and boosts it). Or you could increase the xmit power of the router itself.

4. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    it's more like...i don't have the router but ppl around me do so am trying to get their waves as i think they don't mind
    Me got Dialup

5. PBC

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    Sneak into your neighbors house and install a parabolic WIFI booster?? Can't be anymore invasive/illegal then tapping their bandwidth. =)

6. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I saw a vid where somone increased the range of a wifi usb stick with a noodle net, he cut a hole in the net and then sticked the usb stick in there, it acted like a parabolic antenna I guess, you could try this.

7. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    lol only thing is tht i don't know where the connection is coming from ... i got a vid from youtube showing a guy (or kid) using Aluminium foil to make a pointed tower and then sticking it to his DS... may try tht only if i had foil lying around somewhere