OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
Mexico
So hi, got a little problem with my wii, and i want to see if any of you guys have any solution for it

i searched the entire site, used the newest cios (d2x-v9-beta(r49)) and even the older ones,
i checked Google and other less reputable sites and nothing

well, some back story first:

it seems my wii is one of the few that have a weird usb problem

"usb 0x3002" it wont load any mass storage device unless i use a Cios with base 58
base 56 and 57 don't work at all

and well, while that might have solved the problem of usb loaders not recognizing my usb drives and thumb drives, there is still the little detail of stuttering video and long load times

my main question is, is there a way to increase, or "fix" this detail?

im sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been researching for the last 4 days and haven't found anything concerning this issue, except for a post made by cyan saying that i needed base 58 the which did help me with my initial "no usb drives on any usb loader app"

i'd appreciate all the help you guys can give me, and also, I'm new to the site! :D

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Be sure that your drive is formatted to FAT32 with 32 kb cluster size. The stick i used was stuttering in videos and i noticed the cluster size was 8 kb, i reformatted it to 32 kb and the problem was solved.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry that you have such Wii.

You are the 4th user that I know who have it. :(
Two from this forum, my own cousin, and yourself.

I tried to debug it with the help of Davebaol (d2x cIOS developer) but we didn't find a good ehci. though, I could test it only for a single day, it might require more tests.
so, only IOS58 is compatible with these USB controllers. I don't know why these consoles are rare, nor why they are different.

IOS58 is slow and I don't think you can do anything about it.
It might even be the reason USB controller is working fine with that IOS. maybe it require a specific timing?

Other users (such as @DeadlyFoez ) could take a look inside and see if the hardware is different and try to replace these parts, but you would need to send him your Wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HBC recognized the drive on my cousin's Wii (HBC used IOS58).
I tried WiiMC, and it worked fine (IOS58 too)
Other homebrew which used cIOS didn't work (USBGX, I don't remember which other I tested)

and USB Test return usb 0x3002

His Wii was an old one (Bootmi @Boot2)
I have a dump of his NAND, but I don't think it's useful, it should be a hardware problem.

edit:
other topics with this problem:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/273353-no-homebrew-recognize-my-usb-drive/
http://gbatemp.net/topic/272803-no-backup-loaders-working-at-all/
http://gbatemp.net/topic/171901-modify-any-wii-43-below/page__view__findpost__p__4042446

It happens it's the same person in both topics, so only 3 cases : my cousin, The_Legend and DamianNuez

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
weird. I don't see how it could be a hardware problem. It has to be a software problems with some of the shared modules conflicting. The only thing I can think of doing to prove it so is to flash it with a fresh NAND built by punes app.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could test it only one day, and I don't see my cousin very often.
I don't know if he would agree to let me borrowed it again, that's why I didn't made a topic about it last time.
But you are right, testing if it's hardware or softwate is the first thing to do.

I tried looking for that error, and I found mainly Linux drivers development questions, but no answers.

DamianNuez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
Mexico
i got this wii as a present from a friend, he bought it used.
HBC and new apps that use ios 58 work perfectly on it
all the ****GX emulators, wiimc work perfectly
this wii can, well, used to read Backup disks (it was given to me 'cause the drive broke, bought one on eBay and it was one of the new models that cant read copies TT.TT)

and about sending him the wii, i live in Mexico, how can i? I've never sent something via mail before

can i get a link to the "punes app" i could give that a try, i have bootmii as boot2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah that was ohneschwanzenegger that he was referring to.
Thanks for testing a clean new nand.

So it should be a hardware problem.
I think it's really the USB controller, maybe a different manufacturer or model. But it's really strange that they are so rare.
If they used a batch of these different USB ports, a lot of Wii would have been sold.

My cousin's wii is PAL (FR), the 3 affected Wii are not from the same regions/country. if it were a single batch, it would have been the same region.
If more regions are affected, I suppose it was a big batch, and we should have more users reporting this USB error.

Also, I forgot to mention it, my cousin doesn't have a modchip.
he asked me if there were a risk to install a loader, I told him "leave it to me, I know what I'm doing, it's easy and quickly done"... and it never worked. what am I considered now, a noob who can't hack a Wii? lol

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how it could be a hardware problem. That just doesn't make sense because if it was a hardware problem then it would never work, not just with using certain IOS's. At least thats my take on it.

I'm leaning more towards a usb drive problem, like maybe the drive doesn't get queried quick enough.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested different HDD, including my own HDD, on both my Wii and his. My HDD has no problem and is fast to wake up on my Wii.
The drives were powered correctly, but were not recognized as plugged by the homebrew on his Wii.

When I see him again, I'll ask if I can borrow it (if it still has it, it's been 7 months now).

DamianNuez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried with 1 usb hdd, 2 thumb drives, my phone and an sd to usb adapter, all had exactly the same symptoms

I also tried the exact same hard drive on one of the new non bc wiis and it loads up perfect

And while I was researching , I found many other cases, most people ended up with the conclusion that their usb ports where defective, or just gave up

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump a REALLY old thread... I just ran into what I believe is this same problem. I can only use IOS58 based CIOS to play backups of USB. I have D2X Cios installed, and the only one I could get going was the IOS58 based one. It seems I can only get it to work in USB loader GX as well.

Out of curiosity, I used the USB Tester and can see in the logs the same 0X3002 error:

USB2 device test program. v1.1
------------------------------
usbstorage init
port 0 had no usb2 device connected at startup 0x3002

What was the outcome in the end with this? Was there any further developments? My Wii is pretty ancient (I got it on release day here in Australia). Perhaps I should just track a cheap second hand one down instead?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
cios 58 is a problem itself just like cios 80, clean your ioses with orriginal nintendo ioses, install only patched ios36 for rebug, install ios 236 (you're not a pirate), install only cioses obeve ios 200) this should fix the problem for all wii's i already patched all european wii models released and one US version so i'm sure about it. i'd love to see one of this problem ones to fix it for just the tax and shipping costs, but i doubt it's worth to send over ocean (me living in holland near rotterdam, pm me if further help is needed). be carefull what ios you use to install another ios, rebugged ios36 is safe to install any ios, ios 236 is safe to install all other ios. don't use a cios for installing a cios, cause since system menu 4.2 it will get installed but it will somehow not always work. it's a safe procedure for all wii's, dvdx won't work on 4.x system menu's i thought so that could be your old loader still trying to acces, with new loader you should be able to use (cios 222, 223, 224, 225, 249, (250, 251). oh and nintendo some how seemed to at least once overwritten cios 249 with a stub one while it was already on 4.3e system menu, so this could be something. batching ioses isn't recomended, dangerous and also not needed in any case.

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JaapDaniels: Here is a recent SysCheck from my Wii:

SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL (original region: AUS)
System Menu 4.1E (v450)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 05.26.2006
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS37

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 68871920
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Australia (65)
Boot2 v2
Found 103 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v10
Report generated on 06/17/2015.

I am running 4.1, and from what I have read, I can't seem to see many patched IOS that are important... Though, I am no expert. From the above, is there anything that you believe I should be looking at?

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up buying a second hand Wii for $20(!!!) - scored a component cable in the deal too. Got it home to find it was a 4.3e system menu. After some Modmii, Wiibrand, custom D2X (v10beta53) CIOS installations, USB Loader GX see's the HDD I was using on my old Wii with IOS 249 base 56. Starting games works perfectly now. AWESOME!!!

So, it seems that indeed, there is either something wrong with the base IOS (and CIOS) I have on the old Wii, or the USB hardware is just different on that unit, making it incompatible with D2X CIOS.

Oh well, no biggy, I have two Wii's now! :)

Reactions: DamianNuez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"