Impossible to Mod Wiis?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sandro12345, Jul 11, 2013.

1. sandro12345
    OP

sandro12345 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Canada
    Bolton, Ontario
    It's my friends birthday tomorrow and I wanted to give him a modded wii with the homebrew channel and USB loader gx.

However I can't seem to get the homebrew channel to download. This isn't my first time, I've done it several times before.

It seems the homebrew channel website is down, bootmii is down, modmii stops because it can't acess the hackmii installer on bootmii's website, wibrand won't work, letterbomb's website is down. Is there any possible way to do this now???

2. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Assuming you're using a Wii and not a WiiU, yes wilbrand works. If the letter isn't showing up then make sure the date and time on your computer and wii are correct and then use wilbrand again. If the letter is showing up but when you click it you get a blackscreen then that's because you don't have the hackmii installer on the SD card. You'll have to find a mirror of it somewhere else. Linking to a mirror here is forbidden.

3. sandro12345
    OP

sandro12345 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Canada
    Bolton, Ontario
    Thank you, I've got in now. That was a big help. But seriously how can so many sites be down, is Nintendo pulling them?

Gericom likes this.
  4. winmaster

winmaster Weird Kid Who Still Plays Pokemon

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Here
    No, they're all hosted on the same server, which is was probably down.