Imported games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Syman, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

Imported games by Syman at 8:24 PM (863 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Syman
    OP

Newcomer Syman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    how do you guys fathom out what to do in imported games( i.e Japanese and Korean titles)

some of the box art make the games look interesting, but can't work out what to do.

Sy..

2. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    For most cases people use a menu translation guide or a guide for the whole thing. Personally, I know more than enough to "get by". Unless it's a hardcore storyline/text driven game, I give up trying to understand everything.

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Gamefaqs, and if it's text heavy I wouldn't play it without a translation patch.

but usually I find the nice import games that require not 1% knowledge of foreign language are the easiest to figure out. Like Daigasso Band Brothers or Taiko no Tatsujin DS.

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If you notice, only the big Japanese titles really get any mention around here, and they are usually sequals of existing franchises that have a framework that people are familiar with (like Pokemon or Zelda). For other titles, there may be a basic translation but for the rest of the titles, we generally dont talk about them.