image viewer for ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sphere9, Sep 12, 2008.

Sep 12, 2008

image viewer for ds? by sphere9 at 7:36 AM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sphere9
    OP

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    are there any image viewers available for the ds?

moonshell crashes alot when i try to view images and comic book ds is a pain to make the necessary files.

so is there an alternative?

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

try Sakura (use dldi version for other than M3 REAL or ITOUCH cards) it works great for Image viewing [​IMG]

3. Novalon

Newcomer Novalon Member

United States
    Oh, so it's normal for Moonshell to crash when viewing images? For me, it froze whenever it tried to read a .png file. On a different note, sometimes running movies will cause it to freeze. Is there some way to fix this?

4. CPhantom

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    You should stick to comicbook DS. it is really nice, even if you have to convert files. Until a homebrew comes out that can perfectly read PNG,JPG,GIF, etc, then I think CBDS is the best.

5. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    Of course, images grossly large in dimension will get cropped and quality-chopped down to large degree, so it's definitely not a great thing if you're into looking at high-quality pictures (moreover, why would you do that, on your DS, and not a camera of some sort?), so moonshell will have to do. However, moonshell, Sakura (which is based off of moonshell), and DSOrganize experience a lot of render errors when you try to view certain JPG/PNG/GIF files, (the chance errors occuring increases with dimension, quality, etc.) so you'll have to make due with CBDS either way.