Im still using MenuHax, is there a danger?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by toomanyluigis, Jan 7, 2017.

1. toomanyluigis
    OP

toomanyluigis Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    Ok so with almost everyone using al9h entries, i suppose i should ask if I should upgrade from menuhax.
    But is it safe to keep it? Any danger of it being purged?

Im using menuhax on a 9.2 N3DS with latest update on LumaCFW emunand.

2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    A9lh is the mainstream and adds extra anti-update protection so I do Recommend that you make the switch, but no, your safe so long as you don't loan out your console to some fool or update sysnand.

But it is "safe" and won't get purged, so switching is entirely your choice. But again, I recommend in every way to switch to a9lh because it doesn't kill your SD card as fast as emunand

Also when you switch you can, if you want, keep emunand too
    Here's the guide:
    https://3ds.guide

Last edited by Sketchy1, Jan 7, 2017
    ItsKipz likes this.
  3. toomanyluigis
    OP

toomanyluigis Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    ok and what about my emunand? does this used sys/emunand or is it just sysnand?

because everything i have is on my emunand

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States

You can either keep your SysNAND/EmuNAND as they are, or you can move your EmuNAND to SysNAND and just use that. There's a section of the guide at the end about moving your EmuNAND.

5. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    no danger at all unless you're carless and accidentally update sysnand

pretty much if you know you're a knucklehead I recommend installing a9lh just to avoid accidents

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Yeah. There's a few ways to mess up with a Menuhax booting into CFW setup, but they are basically all your fault if they happen. Without an SD card you'd boot into a clean SysNAND, which is susceptible to being updated if you are careless. You can also brick SysNAND a lot easier by mucking about, especially when you are following a guide that assumes you have A9LH, as happened to several people trying to unban themselves after the ban wave of people who played Sun/Moon early.

But assuming you use it safely, menuhax is "safe". It's just that A9LH (assuming you are capable of following instructions while installing it) is a lot safer. It's really hard to break A9LH in a state where you have a complete brick, as A9LH will stick around and let you launch Hourglass9 to restore a NAND backup.

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  7. toomanyluigis
    OP

toomanyluigis Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    Ok I followed the guid to a T and it was a success! I no have a a9lh +LumaCFW n3ds.

Now i got an empty sysnand and my emunand is backed up, how do I make my saved Emunand into my main sysnand?

8. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    Open hourglass, restore sysnand and select your emu backup. Also copy back the sd card files

9. toomanyluigis
    OP

toomanyluigis Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    Err... getting a blue screen when I boot with "bootrom error" on the top screen...

Nah Just kidding :P It worked perfectly, TYSM im off to enjoy a 3ds of exquisite taste :D

TheToaster likes this.
  10. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    You almost got me for a second XD

TheToaster likes this.