I'm SO damn late playing this game!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Canonbeat234, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010
  1. Canonbeat234
    OP

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    I bought Phantasy Star 0 for the DS on July 16th, a few days before I graduate from a Sailor to a Corpsman.
    The reason for my tardy gameplay of this game is that my previous 'A' school didn't have wifi inside the barracks.
    Which means I won't get to enjoy the full experience of this game plus I was busy playing Mario&Luigi:BIS before coming to next Duty station.

I didn't buy it first off because I was highly spectacle about the gameplay. Same thing as Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled which from Tempers here told me its a cheesy version of Chrono Trigger which I did enjoyed very much. So I decided to watch youtube videos of the boss fights (Curse you tempers who can finally play Tales of Innocence) which can show the gameplay and element of difficulty. It was decent enough for me to choose that game over Black Sigil. I also was going to pick up KH DS to see how it is but they didn't have it. So I also bought Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

As far as from my experience, its good but the main flaw is the dialogue. Too much talking for no reason and most of the important elements gets too detailed. Since I'm a sucker for storylines I just swallow my pride. The funniest part is when you have to do a mission in the Wetlands and that hostile was...groping on the female NEWMAN (Sarisa I believe) which to me made laugh so it does have humor here and there. The repetitive mission of subquests and grinding on lvling is what I do best. I love grinding as long as I'm in the mood for it.

The wifi experience...well I can't experience it since no one comes on anymore. I feel like a loser not playing this game when it was at its hype! Oh well, if there's still some players out there let me know.

2. Canonbeat234
    OP

Japan
    Really, no one is playing this game at all?! Damn...at least one...

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I thought it was pretty bland. Repetitive as hell, even in terms of a lootfest. Just going around, hacking enemies over and over and over again with little to no variation gets boring really quick.

I'm sure if you encouraged enough people though they'd boot it up again, it just came out quite a while ago and people have even been playing this since the Japanese version. With here on GBAtemp once a game is immediately released, most people have it (:yaypiracy:). And depending on how popular/how much lasting appeal a game is, it'll phase out in a couple of weeks or months.

This should be in the DS - Games section.

4. Canonbeat234
    OP

Japan
    Well since the game is old...I thought it get closed to bring up inside the DS section. I mean I couldn't play this game last year due to me selling my old phat DS to pay off that stupid violation ticket! I don't know how to rally up a posse to play an old game again...I'm just an fawful temper.

5. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I thought we had a Wi-Fi channel for IRC or something. I'm not sure though, I hardly frequent IRC. Or just wait until the next Wi-Fi Night and just be like "Who wants to play PS0?" It's still a popular online game for the DS, I'm sure many of people would be willing to dust it off.

6. Canonbeat234
    OP

Japan
    Hmmm...if only my reputation wasn't stained. I can see what I can do this week...the only thing I can do is ask.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah this series hasn't been good since the Dreamcast years.

8. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    this game is only fun when i had friends to play it with

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    That's generally the idea in the "Phantasy Star Online" games.

Story is usually crap but for some people (including me) you just keep wanting more.

10. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Thewre is still people playing this online, just not the same much...
    Also, it was (for me, at least) always difficult to form a random party.
    I still play it offline once in a while.

11. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Lol the US version is out? I only played the Jap one and got bored of it, its too repetitive and not worth it.

12. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I can go online and play with you if you'd like, but I only got to the part where I beat the first boss and during the funny, optional Mayor quest I got fed up when I couldn't beat the boss again - but that may be because I think the difficulty is scaled with more players, right? So because I brought along both NPCs he was harder. [​IMG]

13. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I was somewhat excited about this game but then every boss I met, slapped me around and made me his bitch so I kinda lost interested.
    played online once and it wasn't that different from single player...

if you're gonna play this game then make sure you buy fast weapons like daggers or something,anything bigger is too slow to effectively play the game.

14. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Are you crazy? The game wasn't good until the 3D versions with real time combat!

15. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well, no offense here, but seeing your taste in games vs. Hadrian's taste in games, I'll go with Hadrian on this one.

The original Phantasy Star games are a little too dated for me but some still consider games like Phantasy Star IV to be their favorite RPG of all time. If the games were shit back then they wouldn't have these modern ones today.

If anything Phantasy Star took a turn for the worse in terms of presentation. Went from the kinda corny look of the older games to this flashy looking anime crap, kinda like Mega Man. Yeah I wouldn't want it to stay corny looking but at least modernize it without having to resort to "FLASH FLASH FLASH" to attract an audience.

16. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Came out ages ago......

17. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Totally not true.
    Swords (the "slow" weapons) can be used with no problems at all (in fact, they are my favorite weapons).