I'm on firmware 3.11, recommendations?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by FPSRussi4, Apr 15, 2017.

1. FPSRussi4
    OP

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    I just started up my ps4 after more than a year of not touching it, and I see that there a few exploits for 4.x, but I don't see very much for my version, 3.11. I can download 4.55. What should I do if I want access to homebrew and whatnot?

2. zerodevide

zerodevide Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    just wait. nothing is released yet...

but DONT update,just wait

3. fohstick

fohstick Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2015
    United States
    i'd continue waiting because there has been some recent breakthrough, however, don't expect anything soon yet

4. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Update to 4.0 to 4.06 for now, nothing really s useful on 3.11.
    Then wait.

5. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Unfortunately I can't update to 4.0, I'm only offered 4.55. I guess I'll hold off in hope that someone will release something.

6. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    Get the update PUP and update. If you update through the normal System update all you can choose is 4.55.

FPSRussi4 and KiiWii like this.
  7. kevin corms

kevin corms Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Stay on the version you have Now, if you need to update later on use a .pup file on a usb drive.

Last edited by kevin corms, Apr 16, 2017
  8. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Alrighty, I guess I'll hold off on updating until something concrete is released, then find the .PUP for the proper firmware and update to that. Thanks for the tips!

9. akramff

akramff GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2016
    Gambia, The
    i am on 3.55 what do you guys advise me what can i do ? also what is the newest game that i can play on this OFW

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Don't. We have a PS4 of two years untouched and just bought it from Portugal. So we bring it back to America. Guess what? The OFW is 2.57. :) We are busy with PS3 jailbreak so don't worry about it. Just be patient and wait. :)

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Apr 16, 2017
  11. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    So... over the last few days some stuff's been found for more recent PS4 firmware, though of course nothing's public yet. I guess I should stay on my firmware? Will the 4.x exploits work on 3.11? I'd ideally like to update to the latest firmware since I want to redeem some game codes, but only if there's a kernel exploit available. I hear that 4.6 is coming soon, so I can either update to 4.55 and get my games (with potential promise of a kernel exploit), or I can stay on 3.11 and do nothing.

Last edited by FPSRussi4, Apr 27, 2017
  12. kevin corms

kevin corms Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    not sure if it will work on lower firmware, but you can always manually update to any firmware.

13. _______

_______ GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    So you were unable to use PS Store, unable to login to PSN, which means no game patches, no online features, no digital purchases and unable to play some new games due to minimum system version lock. In other words, your PS4 is almost useless at this point, just to wait for some free games? I really don't believe when most people say they are waiting for the homebrew...yea it does some great stuff but not that great to have people spent hundreds just to seat there collecting dust. They may or may not release the exploits, and even if they did, Sony probably will announce PS5 at the same week.

Why not just buy another console for the wait instead and use this one to play it to the full? You can always sell the un-hackable one later as some people don't care about homebrew they say right? Even if you don't sell it, the "free stuff" will exceed the cost of console pretty soon, no?

14. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    As I said I haven't touched the PS4 for a year, and don't have PS Plus, so it was already "Useless". I only became interested when the PS4 humble bundle came out, and that's when I found out I can't download the games. So it's not as ridiculous of a scenario as you say, and your suggestion for me to buy another console is just as ridiculous. Plus you assume this is just about free games, which isn't true for everyone.

15. wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2013
    If this isn't about free games you will likely be better off selling your original PS4 to a hacker a few months after Sony has updated the firmware.

Likely get a ps4 pro and some games.

16. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    I said it's not JUST about them. There has to be a better option for me than "Just buy another console".

17. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Then wait another several months,maybe,maybe the hackers won't sold the hack to Sony for big bucks.
    Even if they release it,you have to wait another several months for someone to release something to play pirated games.

18. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Have the hackers shown any intention to sell the hacks? And should I, in that case, update to the latest firmware (4.55) so I can get my games? They've said 4.55 has a kernel exploit.

19. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    no,they didn't say anything
    but big hack like that and still no info outside the group,i don't think they will release it.
    even on 1.76 no one made something that play pirated games,and PS4 was already huge.

20. FPSRussi4
    OP

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    But besides speculation there's nothing that suggests they will or won't, right?

So far it's looking like the best option is to update to the latest firmware, since there's a kernel exploit and a webkit exploit that exists.