I'm looking for some face/motion tracking tools. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by CosmoCortney, Aug 26, 2018.

1. CosmoCortney
    OP

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    Hello,
    I've been recently working with the Tobii Eye-Tracking device and created some interactive software with Unity and C# for it. Also messed with it in Qt and C++ which is really fun!
    Now I'm looking for something similar that can record the user's head motion, lips/mouth and eye lashes. There should also be APIs I can use with C# AND C++.

Any recommendations?
    The device and/or software shouldn't be significantly more than $300.

thanks! :)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Starting with videos because they are hilarious, and also done a lot in c#

Anyway what sort of head motion are you aiming for? You can do everything from simple tracking for film making to the face swap stuff that got popular a few months back to the logical end result of voice synthesis, and I have seen but have no software links. How radical do you plan to get with it as well? There are some things that can do it happily for nicer conditions (good background contrast, proverbial talking head shots) but will struggle with fast motion.

3. CosmoCortney
    OP

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    Thanks. I was thinking of something that can track the head's tilt like Facerig. I just need the raw data