I'm having trouble with the "dumping files without limits" tutorial. :/

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Voxel, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hi all,

So I have been trying to get this method working on my Vita, but am having a bad time with getting files to actually dump...

Here's what I am trying to dump. It's from Minecraft, and is at least 7 directories into the filesystem (which, for some reason, makes it not able to be dumped by normal means):

gro0:app/PCSB00560/Common/res/1_2_2/armor/chain_1.png

I swear that I have set everything up correctly, however, whenever I try to dump that file, I keep getting 0kb files whenever I transfer the specific xx.part2.dat file from the music app to my PC. :(

I don't know if anyone has encountered the same issue as me and managed to sort it out in the end, but does anyone know what I am doing wrong at all?

This might be a bleak explanation, but if you want any more info about it to help you help me, let me know. :)

Might as well cross this all out and say that it's not possible to fix because the Vita cannot dump files 7 or more directories in. :/

I hope there will be a new method of dumping soon™ that will bypass this limit!

Last edited by Voxel, May 11, 2016
  2. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    Been trying to dump my Persona cart using the 16mb below method and I noticed every time I dump a png file, although it is not 0kb but like 5kb or 50kb, the file seem to be corrupted. Combing the internet for some solution. I'd really like to dump and install my Persona 4 on my Vita. XD

edit: I tried changing gro0 to ux0 and that was when it gave me a 0kb png file. I went back to using gro0 and got a 25kb png file for the same file I tried to dump using ux0.

Damn, dumping is hard.

Last edited by Nirmonculus, Jun 20, 2016