Gaming im finally getting a wii

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
my flash cards for my ds broke and i have a $500 voucher for bigW so im buying a wii to compensate

Edit: sad as it is ive never before enjoyed to company of a wii so i cant wait till i get it
biggrin.gif

Edit2: can anyone tell me which mod chips better out of WiiKey and WI-IC

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gratz on your Wii, but unless your getting an older one, your going to need the d2ckey as far as i know is the only mod chip that will work on the new d2c chip board, as to the Big N made it unchipable using the original chips(wiikey, cyclowiz, ect),

i personally use a wiikey tho, and i love it.
(not on the mod market any more so i don't do a lot of looking)

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAL doesn't affect the modchip at all. As of June, all the wii's came with D2C chips. As of now, there are a few chips that work. the D2Ckey, argon's chip and the infectus chip.
Recently though, a new hack was found for the wii so you wish to wait a couple of months to see what becoms available. The time will also allow companies to work out problems with the chips.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thiers no need to wait, get a d2ckey, they cost a bit more then the old chips but they work really well, proabley even better in some ways. the only other disadvantage to them is that they are harder to install, so find a modder, and get it install shouldnt cost more then $100Cad, i dont know what that would be in aus dollars. prolly the price of 2 wii games total if that helps.

Also if u read through other parts of the new wii hack thread, it is very unlikely that any hacking will be possible with out a modchip any ways, because their is no way to introduce burned media to an unmoded wii and get it to recognize. also waiting for development will take months, as speculated by some atlest 2 months just get SD load system to work in wii mode, after that the real development will take place. and thats only the start let a lone any higher level hacks. but waiting is so exciting dont you think
smile.gif

your third option is to buy a older pre d2c used wii, or a premoded wii of couse, which can be good too.
hope that helps

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
d2ckey is made by the same team that made wiikey, and was the first chip for the d2c board, when the old SMG new protection was put in place, it didnt need an update to run SMG, unlike most of the old chips.

as for argons, i have never heard about it till yesterday, and id suggest moving or serching for this topic question to the hard ware forum. i would trust the d2ckey if i got one, the d2ckey team even invented a new easy way to insall it when i just looked at their website.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know that at the moment it is not possible for D2Ckey's to be updated so that is my reason for waiting. If nintendo implement new updates that stop the wii from playing games like mario kart or brawl, there is no way to get around that problem.
Edwii, I would suggest waiting for the reason I suggested above. When this new hack becomes more widely know, more companies are goiung to make their own substitutes. Look at the DS slot-1 cards. They started with the DSX which is quite bad by todays standards but it led to better cards like the R4 or M3 real. Better solutions will be made when the market grow larger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat