superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys got a few little issues i need some help with,
1. i have installed twilight with no probs so i have the homebrew channel up and running, i want to install wii gator gammer backup launcher 2 and i understand it wont work on version 3.3e, im running firmware 3.3e so i see i have to downgrade i have red thru the tuts but im a little stuck with what to do, also regarding wads i have the wad manager i got from here and the wad installer app i put them into the root of my sd card but when i load up in the hb channel nothing comes up? am i doing something wrong?

2. I have set up my wireless internet connection on the wii is it safe 2 play online with the hb installed on my wii? wasnt sure if it would install automatic system updates aswell.

thanks as always

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for apps to show up in homebrew channel, they have to be in the "apps" folder.

Example:

One the root of your card will be an "apps" folder, inside that folder will be a folder called "Wad manager" and within that will be a boot.dol file (it can be named anything when you download it, but must be renamed to boot.dol) and *optionally* a meta.xml and icon.png file

Have it on your SD card in this format and it will show up on your Homebrew Chan

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ To get Wad Manager going do that.

What you need to also do is create a folder called "wad" on the sd card root and then stick .wad files inside that. They will not show up in the homebrew channel because they are not apps. You will need to run them in Wad Manager.

D

Deleted User

No, but firmware 3.3v2 and above doesn't support trucha-signed discs.

So, follow EoC's tutorial, simple and clean...... and perfect.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
superJT said:
thanks for the replies guys do i need to downgrade tho to run wii gator backup loader?
If you are able to install .wad's then you don't need to downgrade, and if you wan't to downgrade anyway, use the Waninkoko's Custom IOS Downgrader, if you can't install .wad's then you need to do the Oct23rd FIX, stickied on the Wii-Hacking section...!!!
smile.gif

superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheers for your reply i have just used the ios downgrader with no probs all good there i now need to use the cios downgrader so i can upgrade to version 3.2e any ideas where i can get it?

cheers

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superJT said:
cheers for your reply i have just used the ios downgrader with no probs all good there i now need to use the cios downgrader so i can upgrade to version 3.2e any ideas where i can get it?

cheers

Downloads at the top.

superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi mate cheers i found it but sorry for sounding stupid here i am following the noob guide lol things are going fine but when i put the cIOS downgrader into the apps folder of my sd card its not showing up in the homebrew channel? im sure i have not missed any steps any ideas why this app is not showing up?

many thanks

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put it according to this format?

:/apps/cios downgrader/boot.dol

The DOL file needs to be renamed to "boot.dol"

superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheers mate didnt have it named boot.dol lol im so stupid at times, everything installed fine but now when i try and run mario kart it says i need a system update? what will happen if i let it update? is there a way around it?

cheers again

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, Mario Kart Wii do not have a 3.3 firmware and above. It should have 3.1 or 3.2 max. As long as the game's region is the same region as your wii console, updating it shouldn't cause any problems. So if you have a PAL game and your console is PAL, no problems!

superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just i have installed these custom ios files thought if i then run an official nintendo update it would brick my wii?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superJT said:
its just i have installed these custom ios files thought if i then run an official nintendo update it would brick my wii?

If the game is from a different region then it will brick you. There's no reason to update really so get Starfall or Gecko OS or use brickblocker.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
But again, I'm pretty sure Mario Kart Wii do not have anything above 3.2 firmware...I don't see why it would cause any harm.

Glad that it works with Starfall!

superJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with my mario kart wii when u play with the original game not the backup is it ok to play online with it? i no xbox live always bans people just curious to no. Also if i you decide u dont wont hombrew anymore (why the hell wouldn't you lol) to get rid of it can u simply install the official wii system update and it wont brick your wii or will u need and uninstaller?

thanks as always

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
superJT said:
with my mario kart wii when u play with the original game not the backup is it ok to play online with it? i no xbox live always bans people just curious to no. Also if i you decide u dont wont hombrew anymore (why the hell wouldn't you lol) to get rid of it can u simply install the official wii system update and it wont brick your wii or will u need and uninstaller?

thanks as always

It's perfetly safe to play back ups online when using the wii, you wont get banned.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
superJT said:

thanks as always

Yeah you wont get banned, Depending on the Wii version , updating through a game wont mess up anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD