I'm back to square one

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sonknuck23, Jul 9, 2011.

Jul 9, 2011

I'm back to square one by sonknuck23 at 3:25 PM (598 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Although I have a modchip, it seems to have stopped working, so I'm forced to run GC Backups through a back-up launcher. I got it working a few months back, I haven't touched it in a while, and now, I went to play a game, and it didn't load. . . so I'm completely lost on what to do now, do I have to re-do everything? and if so, what is it I need to do? I Have the mIOS Installer, mIOS Patcher, 2 versions of NeoGamma and a GC Backup Launcher (0.2). What the hell do I do to make this game run?? Lmao. .

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Actually. . . some games work. All the Multi-ISO games work, just the ones i burnt to single discs don't work.

4. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Well it must be bad burns then...
    Make sure you have all cIOS and cMIOS up to date.

Also use the NEOGAMMA R9 beta rev 50.
    I have NO problem running my games.

There are a few ( I think 3 games ) that don't load.
    Look in the NEOGAMMA R9 stickie.

5. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Yeah but the 'bad burns' used to work. In fact, they were all I played back when I got them working. . .

EDIT: The discs I'm using are mini-dvdr's, like the gamecube ones. They've worked before, so why they're not working now is beyond me. I've done everything I could to make them run, and the only games that seem to run are the multi-ISO ones on big discs. [​IMG] I dunno what do do anymore, shit's frustrating.

6. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Different discs go bad quicker than others: http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/DVD/error1.html

mini dvdr's were always temperamental. The ones I bought when I had a gamecube would only work if I burnt at 4x, if I burnt at 2x or 1x then they wouldn't work.

I'd wash them in warm water and washing up liquid, then dry using a soft towel (so you don't scratch the surface). If that doesn't work then snap them and chuck them.

7. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    You could try to reburn one of the discs on another media to see if it makes a difference.
    If that one loads, you know it's not a software issue but something with your dvd drive not reading the disc.

Updating everything is never a good idea. You should ask yourself, what has changed since the last time everything still worked fine.
    If you start changing everything, there is always a risk to break something else.

Your modchip stopped working....? Maybe it still does something that causes your problems..

The way you describe your symptoms, it looks like your wii dvd drive is on it's way out.
    (Some say it can happen if you use non official media very often. I am in no position to deny or confirm it.)