Hacking I'm an idiot

Vlugge Japie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I tried to uninstall the Homebrew channel, I wanted to get rid of it completely, so I deleted every wad i had installed including a IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad (I guess it was the trucha bug or someting like that.) I think that uninstalling that bricked my wii because I got an error screen wich I got more times but then it wasn't a problem and it said: exception (dsi) occured and then some numbres code dump and stack dump followed by a whole bunch of codes. Like I did earlier I just turned off my wii and turned it on, I can hear the disc drive spin but it's a black screen showing up and nothing other than that happens. I'm pretty sure it's a low level brick. I'm currently (and probably always going to stay) on 4.2e. My wii is modded with a wiikey2 chip, serial number is LEH21855... I'm not sure if i have bootmii on boot 2 and when on the homebrew channel i can see priiloader but I'm not sure if it's installed or something. I don'thave a NAND backup. I did do some research on the internet but haven't found anything similair to my situation.
Ironic, trying to delete the HBC and getting bricked the last moment...

Is this fixable or am I just screwed?
Please reply and thanks in advance.

btw. I'm Dutch so just ignore the bad parts of grammar, spelling etc.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System menu 4.2 uses IOS 70. If you delete it the system menu won't load.

Only way to get out of this brick is bootmii.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cthg said:

Yep. Or you can use an infectus to flash it again but it is not that simple.

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have a modchip so you can use a gamecube controller and get into recovery mode and try to do something with that. I think there is a backup disc you can get or something. Im pretty sure you can do something with the recovery mode. Sorry if i didnt help, im a noob.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheez203 said:
You have a modchip so you can use a gamecube controller and get into recovery mode and try to something with that. I think there is a backup disc you can get or something. Im pretty sure you can do something with the recovery mode. Sorry if i didnt help, im a noob.
That won't work because the recovery thing is a function of the System Menu. And his System Menu is incapable of loading.

But yeah, uninstalling any IOS below 200 or so is just asking for problems. Try to avoid doing that in the future.

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when on the homebrew channel i can see priiloader but I'm not sure if it's installed.

So can you get to the homebrew channel? Now

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
seriously, how could anybody possibly think that deleting every wad they have is a good idea?

that's like me saying... 'hey guys, i want to virginize my wii, should I delete all the files using Any Title Deleter? Or should I throw it against the wall (since the end result is usually the same)?'

seriously, F***ing stupid if u ask me... but its okay, u've paid the price for your mistake (about $200 bucks the last time I checked the price of a wii) and hopefully you learned from it (by learning from this mistake, I mean, either NOT modding wii's in the future, or reading a guide and not just guessing what u need to do)... I mean, honestly, why do people GUESS what they need to do to their wii's? That's probably the biggest thing I don't understand... what are they thinking... something like, "hmmmm, I want to do mod X to my wii, but instead of googling it, let me just try installing a bunch of wads... hmmmm, that didn't work... maybe uninstalling them will work better.... uh oh... what happened? I guess I should go google my problem now... I wish I would've done that 2 hours ago!"

w/e, better luck next time OP

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... What's the point of virginizing your Wii if you can just install priiloader and block system updates? That just gets me at times..... I mean you can still play online and all too -_- Can't you treat it like a regular Wii and just buy your games with Priiloader on and pass the update?

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your advice is useless. The reason you see priiloader in HBC is because thats the installer app for priiloader. No matter what it does not help the OP one bit at all.

It wasn't advice it was a question to his post

A

armand66

I agree with Xflak, i don't like to hit a person when he/she is down, but one big W.T.F.

This post should be pointed to for every nub in the world as what NOT to do with your wii. I also don't get it, Xflaks right, how on earth can people just assume, with no actual technical knowledge or any freaking clue what they're doing, that oh just uninstalling these wads is cool and somehow becoming an expert because of a dumbass guess.

It never ceases to amaze me, with all the guides around, on here on temp as well, and all the helpful people who actually KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING, that still people do stupid shiz like this by simply being ignorant and retarded and not willing to ask someone else for help.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This topic makes me frown...

frown.gif

As much as I hate seeing everyone knocking you, Vlugge Japie, they bring up some good points. You really ought to have done some research before your little misfortune.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
guitarloser85 said:
Maybe in lieu of problems like this, Xflak should include a virginization option and guide to his program "NUS auto downloader"?
I could do that.... but is there really a lot of demand for this? It's something I will consider for future version's... but its going to feel so sad helping people unhack their wii's I almost dont want to be a part of it! lol

PIERCED6966

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My philosphy is if its not broke dont fix it, if it does what you want leave it alone, only time u need to look at altering anything is when it doesnt do what you want, mine was on 3.2 for last 3 yrs, only upgraded this week as new games require update and i checked how to do it through xflak instructions as i didnt want to do it the nintendo route, worked flawlessly, inow have modded wii 4.2e and all my mods still work.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe we should just put a giant "DO NOT VIRGINIZE, DOWNGRADE OR INSTALL CORP W/O READING THIS" sticky up top with a basic (read: simple as possible) overview of IOSes and WADs and what not to touch. Sure, most would still skip it, but at least a couple nubs would take note.

Hell, I'd be willing to write it even, if one of the mods will agree to sticky it beforehand, pending review. I could make the font really big and all caps and shit for extra clarity.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
really big font won't help, CAPS might
biggrin.gif

they should just sticky this thread and title it

"WHAT NOT TO DO"

Vlugge Japie said:
cthg said:

But how do I do that?
by installing bootmii as boot2 (if it was possible, we'll never know now.) before your shit got bricked!

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah database errors
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
    TechieSaru has joined the room.
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, we have twins in the chat
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, GBAtemp is working on the site again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pms are still acting up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pm ing uremum still works, she said key under the mat, and half off til midnight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like your pmsing is working
    +1
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, triplets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chats like the only thing working lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's good to hear I'll have a better inheritance now
    +2
  • xdarkmario @ xdarkmario:
    main page is saying An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. maintenance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Ken, the camp director is the werewolf, my mind is blown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He transitioned
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @xdarkmario, sorry about that bigonya shat himself and made the servers die
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wouldn't go in there for bout 15-20 minutes. I did light a candle atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's what blew them up
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Radioactive Florida Man!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Florida man is just active he thinks radios are cases for his meth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Most, if not, all of TekkitRealm's videos are fake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your message is fake
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your message is fake