I'm a noob

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TrainerAbu, Jan 6, 2011.

1. TrainerAbu
    OP

TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    United States
    I got a PS3 for Christmas and it has the right firmware,

what do I have to buy to play ps3 games for free :3?

2. DKS99

DKS99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Google is your friend or are u too dumb to use it?

3. TrainerAbu
    OP

TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    United States
    google always makes me mad it takes me to jailbreak sites that say this stuff that I think ended up being outdated and now I don't know what's outdated and then it said to buy weird USB models of weird huge chipboards called USB39093903903 or something and blah

4. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    1. You need a jailbreak dongle (check out gbatemp's review of PS3Break and x3max). I have this cheap-ass clone (psjailbreak2) and it works very well. You can find it on dealextreme for $9. (link). There are other cheap alternatives like AmazeBreak and MatrixPS3 (both for $6).

2. You need a backup manager. I reccomend MultiMAN.

You can use an external HDD (must be FAT32) and/or the PS3's internal HDD to play games. BUT some games only work from internal HDD, for example Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Vanquish, etc... (for a complete list check out PSJCL).

I think that's pretty much it.

EDIT: Oh and you have to use OpenSplit to split >4GB files. I recommend OpenSplit because it's compatible with MultiMAN unlike Comgenie's Awesome File Splitter where you have to rename every file.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice