Gaming If I downgrade my PSP...

Symbolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware do I need to upgrade too first if I downgrade from Offical 3.40 to get all the way to the new M33 4.xx custom firmware?

Also will my MMS work if I use a 2.0gb pro duo?

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well Tikker's answer is still good. With pandora, you don't need to be in a specific firmware. If you follow the guide, you can get your psp straight to 3.80m33 then you car upgrade to 4.01m33.

And yes your 2gig Pro Duo will work as long as it a genuine. Fakes may work, but it's not guaranteed.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.40 can be downgraded without the use of Pandora. For this, you need an official copy of Lumines, but they have gotten quite rare, as people bought them specifically for downgrading. Copies from ebay will run you about $30USD, so I would just recommend the Pandora method.

Symbolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ordered a Pandora's Battery from Dealextreme.com. Also so when I downgrade from 3.40 to 1.50, I can upgrade straight to 3.8x to 4.xx?

Also my 2gig pro duo is the "offical" PSP memory...?

Also when I change my 2gig pro duo to a MMS, I can format it to become a regular memory stick right?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pandora method isn't considered "downgrading" as it flashes firmware directly without downgrades. Use the latest version of PSPGrader to create your magic memory stick, and you'll be at 3.90m33 right off the bat. From there, you can just use the network update to get to 4.01m33-2

As for your memory stick, as long as you bought it from a reliable retailer and it says "MagicGate" on it, then you're fine. After you are done with the MMS, you can use the PSP to reformat it and use it as a regular memory stick again.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Symbolic said:
Well, I ordered a Pandora's Battery from Dealextreme.com. Also so when I downgrade from 3.40 to 1.50, I can upgrade straight to 3.8x to 4.xx?

Also my 2gig pro duo is the "offical" PSP memory...?

Also when I change my 2gig pro duo to a MMS, I can format it to become a regular memory stick right?
do you even read the answers people post?

you don't have to downgrade, period

just read legion's guide, and you'll understand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@