Homebrew (Idea) PS4 Remote Play Android App ported to 3DS/New3DS

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as how I no longer have a Vita or SmartPhone I was wondering if it would be possible to port or develop from scratch a PS4->3DS remote play app. There is an official app for any Sony Android phone but someone managed to make it so that app will work on any phone. If anyone knows a means of find source code for the Android PS4 Remote Play app this would make creating a 3DS app much easier.

I know the New3DS has a built in hardware video decoder (for making Youtube video playback through the web browser easier I would assume) but I don't know if homebrew can leverage this hardware video decoder.

I'm sure this app is something possible to be created but if it is not known how the Android app works getting a Remote Play app for 3DS created will be something I'm not willing to put the work into.

Performance is not something I would even care about at this point as a mere proof of concept would be sufficient for me as all I really want to be able to do is use my 3DS to queue up downloads on my PS4 while in bed in a different room. I can already do this on my PC but the only way I know how is by using an Android Emulator. If there is an Open-Source PS4 Remote Play app on PC that would also make this a lot easier.

If anyone has any information to let me know how insanely difficult this would be please share it.

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like there are in fact tools to de-compile an apk and basically get source code from it. I will try this on the Android app that has been cracked to work on any android device. If the decompiled then recompiled from fake source code apk works still I will try and port it to 3DS. Don't expect to actually get a working PS4->3DS remote play app from me anytime soon if ever.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well pc to 3ds streaming doesn't look possible at any decent framerate, so I wouldn't count on a ps network streaming homebrew happening any time soon.

HaloBenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will likely still try and see if I can even get my 3DS to power on my PS4 by using a tool to get code from the PS4 Remote Play android apk and porting that to 3DS. It may be a waste of time but it might be a fun experiment.

Reactions: Aniska182

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: