[IDEA] Is this possible to do

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by deisuke1234, May 26, 2016.

1. deisuke1234
    OP

deisuke1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    hello guys

i just woundered if it is possible to use video channels creator and another plugin called livestreamer

be able to stream videos from crunchyroll to your 3ds. so instead downloading all the movies

so write the link instead and stream it to your 3ds. In that way u could save memorie.

sorry if i am bit confussing what i wanted to say is . Is it possible to make a 3ds app with the plugin called livestreamer and stream everything from writing the links instead of downloading the files.

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Does this livestreamer plugin exist? I can't find it. Or are you asking if it would be possible to create this plugin to all live streaming support to the Video Channel Creator for 3DS?

3. Ryccardo
    This message by Ryccardo has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 26, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    May 26, 2016
  4. deisuke1234
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
  5. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I don't know why that would be a ban worthy link ;) In any case, yes of course it is entirely possible to port such a plugin, or rewrite it, for 3DS. Somebody would have to have the time and inclination to do so though.

6. deisuke1234
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    i sadly only know python i wish i knew what language is written for the 3ds apps

7. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    You'd need to learn C. You would also need knowledge of network protocols in order to handle the transfer of the data, buffering etc.

deisuke1234 likes this.
  8. ketal

ketal aiueo

Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    It's unlikely that someone will port that. If you need to stream and have a new3DS, Plex is the solution

9. deisuke1234
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    haha in other words it is to far for me to reach to that level XD

10. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I used to think the same. Learning C felt insurmountable. But now I know C and many more programming languages and have apps on the iOS App Store. So if you put your mind to it, you can do it too.

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  11. deisuke1234
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    do u have any good guide. Since i really want to learn during the summer when i have alot of free time

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i have only a O3ds

12. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I could recommend a tutorial, but I don't know what level of ability you have in programming. Try searching online for "beginners C tutorial" and choose a tutorial which suits your current skill level. I suggest following a tutorial with a purpose (one that takes you through the process of writing a programme which actually works) rather than just reading a tutorial which talks about the principles of C with no practical application.

13. GudPiggeh

GudPiggeh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    you mean C? like, not c++ or c#?

14. Yangarang

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    The guide I used when I wanted to start learning C was by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston
    I think it works really well for beginners

15. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    C first, then C++ since C++ is an extension of C, and you need to know the fundamentals of C first. I wouldn't really recommend learning C#.