Idea for Entrypoint

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Alex Spady, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Alex Spady
    OP

Alex Spady GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    United States
    On GBAtemp
    Before anything I am going to say: I really don't know how these kind of things work, so please don't be harsh. That said, I had an idea. I was watching some video where a person used a modified version of PkHex, a really nice "Gen 6" Pokemon Save edito, where he had made it that he could insert invalid addresses of Pokemon. Now do no quote me, but could it be possible to have a Pokemon that triggers a crash to one of the payloads, then run the "boot.3ds" file? Thanks for any replies and help. Have a good one.

2. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    no
    and we dont need more entry points

KingBlank likes this.
  3. Alex Spady
    OP

Aug 30, 2015
    United States
    On GBAtemp
    Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Also, in my opinion, it is aways good to have a backup plan for everything. So, naturally, it would be good to have as many entrypoints as possible. But, an opinion is an opinion. Thanks for the help.

4. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I wonder if somebody suggesting an entry point has ever been useful... before an exploit is found do the hackers go round checking all these suggest hax?

5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If you find a vulnerability that you could exploit using the edited save file, sure. Have fun finding it.

6. SterneSchreien

SterneSchreien Naughty One

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    People suggesting em' ? Doubt it.

7. Alex Spady
    OP

Aug 30, 2015
    United States
    On GBAtemp
    I said this before "Yellows8" released "ThemeHax." It was disregarded. Although, on his GitHub, it says that development was started before I posted that.
    http://gbatemp.net/posts/5685644/
    Also, was it really necessary to post that? I am really trying not to start an internet fight, but it was really uncalled for.

Last edited by Alex Spady, Jan 10, 2016