[Idea] Computer emulating Wiimtoe

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MyLegGuy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MyLegGuy
    OP

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Before you read this, keep in mind that I have very little knowledge on the Wii U, and Bluetooth.

A few days ago I was looking at the Pokken controller. Apparently, it only works with Pokken. What a shame. But then I got an idea.
    My idea was pretty much to connect the Pokken controller to a computer and have the computer act as a different controller. I did a bit of digging and found this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...e_almost_any_usb_controller_with_smash_wii_u/

Pretty much, a guy made it so you can use your pc to act as the gamecube adapter and therefor use any controller you can use on your pc with your Wii U.
    Problem with that is that it'll only work on games that support a usb controller.

So then I got another idea. Do the same thing, but have the computer act as a wiimote using Bluetooth.
    First you could connect a wii remote to a computer and figure out what the Wii remote sends over Bluetooth. I think that may be the easiest way to figure out what needs to be sent to the Wii U over Bluetooth. Then you could connect your computer to the Wii U and have it send the same things that the Wii remote send to the computer earlier, except do it when certain buttons are pressed on the computer.

is this possible?

TheVinAnator likes this.