Hacking I wanted to hack my switch but?

Christian Rosado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could Nintendo eventually detect users booting into RCM menu (saving some record of this) and then hitting everyone with a banwave? Or is this log also deleted somehow? I wanted to have sysnand for clean online gameplay and emunand for offline backups. Don't wanna get banned and have my BOTW save stuck there forever.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could Nintendo eventually detect users booting into RCM menu (saving some record of this) and then hitting everyone with a banwave? Or is this log also deleted somehow? I wanted to have sysnand for clean online gameplay and emunand for offline backups. Don't wanna get banned and have my BOTW save stuck there forever.
Yes there is a high ban risk

Reactions: EmulateLife

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've properly set it up, there are plenty of people here using a clean sysnand / dirty emunand to use CFW / homebrew / NSPs and still play their legit games online without getting banned. If done correctly, it's completely safe.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are highly unlikely to get banned for merely entering RCM.

Certain homebrew applications, NSP-installed games, etc. can get you banned. Use an emuNAND for hacks if you don't want to be banned.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I doubt you can be banned just for entering rcm. I doubt even nintendo would be able to tell if your switch went rcm even once. Their banning relies heavily on your error, logs, and activities sent to them, that's why emunand is important if you really wanted to play online.

Last edited by Paulsar99,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that RCM is a feature of the console itself, they would be banning their own manufacturers for entering RCM. That being said, simply booting into RCM shouldn't leave any traces since its not a part of the NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum