Hacking I think I'm missing a step...

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So! I successfully downgraded my Old 3DS to 9.2. Hooray for me! But now that I've done this, I can't seem to install any CIA files using FBI or anything else. Was there something else I was supposed to do first, like install a custom firmware? I'm really at a loss here.

Also, emulators seem a lot slower than I was expecting. The RetroArch emus marked with a pink star in that thread don't run anywhere near full speed... I can only get satisfactory performance out of BlargSNES, and that's kind of limited where compatibility is concerned. Do I need to change some settings, or is this just something I should expect out of an Old 3DS?

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So! I successfully downgraded my Old 3DS to 9.2. Hooray for me! But now that I've done this, I can't seem to install any CIA files using FBI or anything else. Was there something else I was supposed to do first, like install a custom firmware? I'm really at a loss here.

Also, emulators seem a lot slower than I was expecting. The RetroArch emus marked with a pink star in that thread don't run anywhere near full speed... I can only get satisfactory performance out of BlargSNES, and that's kind of limited where compatibility is concerned. Do I need to change some settings, or is this just something I should expect out of an Old 3DS?
I had trouble after my downgrade to 9.2, rxTools wasn't working for me, so I used the tool included in this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/page-2#post-5822330 , which is minipasta integrated into a homebrew launcher, that one worked perfectly for me, but the downside is that it's just a signature patch, so no emunand or anything with it, as far as I can tell.

I should mention, regular minipasta wasn't working for me either, and I don't know why this one works.

Last edited by Edgarska,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: