Hacking I really do hate vWii mode...help?

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so some shit is going on that I cannot explain. I got the HBC installed, went perfect as usual. Now I have to install cIOS files. Not so easy.

Can't find wads as that is normally what I try to do (it's easier). So I reluctantly grab the D2X cIOS installer. I also grab the d2x v10 for vWii, d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip in particular from their google code page.

Extract the installer to apps/d2x-cios-installer, extract the cios .zip to that folder as well, overwrite anything if it asks and launch via HBC. Here is where the funny stuff starts...

First 5-6 times I launched the HBC, it was fine in full screen. Now when I launch it, its in 4:3.

When I launch d2x cios installer, I do not get the option to install v10, just v4 v5 and v6. So I found Fix94's mod and tried that. Same issue.

So I grab a brand new SD card and and now it tries to load d2x, but fails to grab mload.app ( i think?). Ok so now its gotta be something I did right? I mean it worked different this time around so its gotta be me...

i delete all files referring to d2x install and d2x cios, put the SAME EXACT FILES I USED ON THE OTHER SD CARD ON MY NORMAL SD CARD FOR THIS WII AND ITS DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR!!!

How can it be that two identical files operate differently depending on what sd card is used?!?

any help is appreciated as always, thanks!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
He was mostly having troubles with D2x cioses... I remember having such problems with the installer last year... Now it is alright, I just don't remember how I proceed sadly :glare:

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was mostly having troubles with D2x cioses... I remember having such problems with the installer last year... Now it is alright, I just don't remember how I proceed sadly :glare:

You are right, I am having issues with installing D2X. Can anyone help out? Maybe PM wads?

The installer is not working. I think the problem is that I am technically offline, I haven't made a NNID for this Wii U yet.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Try this, I used this method, I retrieved the tutorial from a french site.

Copy on your sd card and launch it from the Homebrew Channel, then follow the instructions, It works! I used this one last year. :yaywii:

Attachments

• d2xcios.zip
    593.6 KB · Views: 163

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this, I used this method, I retrieved the tutorial from a french site.

Copy on your sd card and launch it from the Homebrew Channel, then follow the instructions, It works! I used this one last year. :yaywii:

I appreciate the reply, but as I mentioned above I did this already.

Using your files (the same as mine btw) its the same issue. I can only install d2x v6, v5, v4 or v3. Trying to install d2x v6 results in an error.

I'm pretty sure its because I don't have wifi enabled on this Wii U. I don't understand why since from what I gathered this mod pulls the IOS from the system, modifies it and installs it to custom slot.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to install 236 successfully.

i tried to install d2x using different SD cards in case that was the problem but still nothing, just d2x v6-v3 is available

now that i have officially done insane, how can the cIOS map for d2x v6 be available?!??! I would never think to install v6!

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i was able to install 236 successfully.

i tried to install d2x using different SD cards in case that was the problem but still nothing, just d2x v6-v3 is available

now that i have officially done insane, how can the cIOS map for d2x v6 be available?!??! I would never think to install v6!

I just tested, I put in my sd card what I sent you yesterday, at cios version choice, it is on v6, press right on that line will go to "d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii"

Also, this installer works offline, it loads ios directly from the console.

Edit: Just to be sure, retry my files, with wifi ENABLE to see if it changes anything. It is weird it doesn't show the v10 vwii version, it is included in the ciosmap.xml in my folder.
I don't know why it doesn't work for you, I installed a new Cios on slot 252 with my files and everything worked fine, it loads games in USB loader GX with no issues... At least, this installer (the modded one plus beta 53 alt vwii on it) worked perfectly for me. :huh:
Retry and give me news if it worked or not ;)

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested, I put in my sd card what I sent you yesterday, at cios version choice, it is on v6, press right on that line will go to "d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii"

Also, this installer works offline, it loads ios directly from the console.

Edit: Just to be sure, retry my files, with wifi ENABLE to see if it changes anything. It is weird it doesn't show the v10 vwii version, it is included in the ciosmap.xml in my folder.
I don't know why it doesn't work for you, I installed a new Cios on slot 252 with my files and everything worked fine, it loads games in USB loader GX with no issues... At least, this installer (the modded one plus beta 53 alt vwii on it) worked perfectly for me. :huh:
Retry and give me news if it worked or not ;)

I can try it with wifi enabled but i don't have a 2nd tablet for this Wii U so i have to de-sync it from my main one each time, its a royal pain in the ass.

trust me i tried going right and left on that list of d2x versions to install, v6 is the latest one. it is sooo odd.

i might try it on my regular wii to see if it works there.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I can try it with wifi enabled but i don't have a 2nd tablet for this Wii U so i have to de-sync it from my main one each time, its a royal pain in the ass.

trust me i tried going right and left on that list of d2x versions to install, v6 is the latest one. it is sooo odd.

i might try it on my regular wii to see if it works there.

Do not attempt to use it on a regular wii! this version of d2x cios was made for vwii only.
why using a tablet on this wiiu? you can use a wiimote only if you you want.
Edit: you probably meant for going into wiiu settings. Sorry misread.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not attempt to use it on a regular wii! this version of d2x cios was made for vwii only.
why using a tablet on this wiiu? you can use a wiimote only if you you want.
Edit: you probably meant for going into wiiu settings. Sorry misread.

Well I meant to use the app for Wii and see if it reads the ciosmap properly. I wouldn't install anything from vWii on my Wii ;)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well I meant to use the app for Wii and see if it reads the ciosmap properly. I wouldn't install anything from vWii on my Wii ;)

What it does on your wii? is it the same as vWii?

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, tell me later, I am sure a solution is close. it wouldn't work for me if there isn't :P

Well you are right! I first tried online - it was actually configured to my network the whole time, I just can't get in to the Wii shop due to having no NNID linked. So I tried after confirming wifi is set up and still same issue.

I figured I'd try USB and BAM it worked! I don't know why or how, but it works from USB but not from SD, and I did try three different SD cards.

Thanks for all the suggestions and assistance! I still hate the vWii, its not as cool as I thought it would be and it certainly is not a replacement for a straight up Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...