I need help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by JamestheFreak, Oct 27, 2011.

Oct 27, 2011

I need help! by JamestheFreak at 2:17 AM (540 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JamestheFreak
    OP

Newcomer JamestheFreak Member

United States
    I dunno what happened but my wii can't play anymore wii games. Everything else works perfectly fine. When I try playing it gives me an error message. What's wrong with it? I need this problem fixed before I get my Skyward Sword game!

2. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    More info please , I will try to help if I can ......By playing a game do you mean from the disk channel or from a hard drive ? By everything else , are you reffering to Homebrew ?

3. godreborn

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm guessing ur wii isn't modded. I'm assuming ur talking about an error like: an error occurred, please consult the manual or please insert a wii or gamecube disc? if so, it's probably the laser. u might want to look into playing games off a hard drive.

4. JamestheFreak
    OP

Newcomer JamestheFreak Member

United States
    I guess it must be the laser, so if I can ever mod my wii I can still play games from a hard drive then correct?edit: I got some info that the lens for the laser could be dirty and I could clean it. If its true hopefully I'll need to find something to clean it. Anyone know what I can use?

5. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    A soft cloth tissue is what Ive been using for 10 years. Always worked for me. Of course its not quite as effective as a real cleaning kit, but if you take good care of the laser the cleaning kit is overkill anyway.
    Also, obviously you need to take the Wii apart. Thats probably the biggest issue for most people.

Also.. Mod the wii: ModMii