I need help with downscaling

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lanlan, Aug 6, 2012.

Aug 6, 2012

I need help with downscaling by Lanlan at 10:26 AM (499 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    So Titan Quest. It doesn't support 720p. So I change the config file so it'll run in 720p. Great success. Except for the fact that the HUD and other 2D elements of the game are stuck in 800x600, just stretched. They overlap and don't quite work right due to it being 16:9 instead of 4:3. Now this game supports 1366x768, so it has 16:9 HUD elements in there. Is there any way to either get the game to run in 1366x768 and downscale it to 1280x720 so my HUD will be fixed, or go in and find the 2D files and make them slightly smaller so they'll work with 1280x720? I think the second choice would be a lot tougher, so I'm hoping for some downscaling help. By the way I checked my AMD Vision Engine Control Center and I saw nothing.

2. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    http://www.wsgf.org/dr/titan-quest

Is this the same game? They seem to have no problem with it :O

3. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Same game. I don't really see what that page has anything to do with it though. On the official forums one of the devs said it didn't natively support 1280x720 because of the hud and other 2D elements. So I wanna run the game in 1366x768 or higher and downscale it to 1280x720 to fix the hud and crap.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I checked around all the widescreen gaming resources I know of and did not come up with anything of note (a few people tried for similar things but nothing was said) but alas although downscaling screens is something my VPN program does with ease (and would not really do here) I do not know of anything that can hook directX similar to the mouse jails for dual screens and such. I think you will probably have to attribute it to having a dodgy monitor without support for sensible resolutions (if this is a TV do check as many will do 1366x768 even if they officially top out at 720p).

5. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    This is an old Gateway monitor that only supports 1280x720 :(