I need help creating badges.

Thomas-Sunflower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's been days since I want to create 3DS Badges of the OneShot game, so I've dump the sprites I needed and here comes my problem:
When I resize a sprite to 64x64px, it gets squished out and when I resize it to 64x128px, it's stretch af.
So if I could have some help on this, it would really be cool!
PS: I'm using Gimp.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I assume your source images are a different aspect ratio is the issue?

You should just need to crop/pad the image to the correct aspect ratio before scaling. Either removing empty space or adding transparency on the edges should work, just make sure the width is the same as the height for 64×64 or double the height for 128×64. Then when you scale down it should be right.

Image -> Change Canvas Size or rectangle select then Image -> Crop To Selection are probably both useful for this.

Thomas-Sunflower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[

You should just need to crop/pad the image to the correct aspect ratio before scaling. Either removing empty space or adding transparency on the edges should work, just make sure the width is the same as the height for 64×64 or double the height for 128×64. Then when you scale down it should be right.

Image -> Change Canvas Size or rectangle select then Image -> Crop To Selection are probably both useful for this.

My sprites are already transparent png but they weren’t at a 64x64 base aspect ratio.
I’m gonna try what you suggest and I’ll keep you updates!
Thanks.

Thomas-Sunflower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
image.jpg

Update:
So it kinda works but my image is still stretch.
Also I didn’t understand everything in the previous response you made, so if you don’t mind to be "clearer".

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 319575

Update:
So it kinda works but my image is still stretch.
Also I didn’t understand everything in the previous response you made, so if you don’t mind to be "clearer".
The easiest way to do it is probably to do Image -> Change Canvas Size... and change the smaller number to match the bigger number (of width and height) then click the Center button then Resize. Then after doing that do Image -> Scale Image... and change it to 64×64.

(note: option names may differ slightly, I'm not using it in English)

Thomas-Sunflower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The easiest way to do it is probably to do Image -> Change Canvas Size... and change the smaller number to match the bigger number (of width and height) then click the Center button then Resize. Then after doing that do Image -> Scale Image... and change it to 64×64.

(note: option names may differ slightly, I'm not using it in English)

I basically did what you said and my sprites is… weird? Maybe I shall not use the 64x64 ratio but I literally saw people having big sprites fitting in 64x64 perfectly and it’s frustrating that I can’t have the same result

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...