Hardware I need a sky3ds

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're putting the files on your R4 then that's your problem. The 3DS has an internal SD card.
I kinda see what's the problem then...
You suppose to be using the sd card in the 3ds...
Also don't follow videos. Only follow 3ds.guide
I have a micro 32gb card that's why I was using a R4 so it could fit into my 3ds xl... but I think I know what the problem is... hopefully it now works though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

inb4 he bricks following an outdated youtube video
actually the video I was following was posted just about this week

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't follow any video guides. Not only do they go outdated fast, but they could be poorly made or just plain broken! I heard once that somebody made a video tutorial, and put their own otp in the description and told everybody to use that otp. (The otp is console specific, using their otp will brick your console)

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't follow any video guides. Not only do they go outdated fast, but they could be poorly made or just plain broken! I heard once that somebody made a video tutorial, and put their own otp in the description and told everybody to use that otp. (The otp is console specific, using their otp will brick your console)
I see.. thanks for the suggestion!

I realised the problem is actually the R4 that i'm using... it's outdated *facepalm* I should just get a new SD card since the one that I have is a micro one. A SanDisk Extreme 32gb sounds fine... or any suggestions on that? haha..

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Future brick in the making. If this guy can't even tell what a sd adapter is or the fact that he doesn't need an r4 he has no hope

Reactions: Pacheko17

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you speak Spanish the tutorial on hirobyte's site is really good. All the files are in a zip ready to go. You just put them on your sd.

I know people advise against this cuz stuff gets outdated, but it was made very recently and is easier to follow for noobs.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda see what's the problem then...

I have a micro 32gb card that's why I was using a R4 so it could fit into my 3ds xl... but I think I know what the problem is... hopefully it now works though.

Video's get outdated daily because of revisions and file changes

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.. thanks for the suggestion!

I realised the problem is actually the R4 that i'm using... it's outdated *facepalm* I should just get a new SD card since the one that I have is a micro one. A SanDisk Extreme 32gb sounds fine... or any suggestions on that? haha..
thats it the r4 thats the problem you dont need and/or use one to install cfw . . . also a video :wtf: please use the guide i recommended (you will receive little to no help from gbatemp otherwise):teach:

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Future brick in the making. If this guy can't even tell what a sd adapter is or the fact that he doesn't need an r4 he has no hope
Actually, I don't have an sd adapter. Since I rarely deal with this kind of stuff I'd never thought about it.
If you speak Spanish the tutorial on hirobyte's site is really good. All the files are in a zip ready to go. You just put them on your sd.
I know people advise against this cuz stuff gets outdated, but it was made very recently and is easier to follow for noobs.
That's cool but I can't speak spanish fluently :(
Video's get outdated daily because of revisions and file changes
Yep, I'm keeping that in mind now!
thats it the r4 thats the problem you dont need and/or use one to install cfw . . . also a video :wtf: please use the guide i recommended (you will receive little to no help from gbatemp otherwise):teach:
Yeah, I was using the R4 as I didn't have the SD adapter plus I only have a micro sd... I don't know why I thought using an outdated R4 as a SD adapter would work :blink: also that video was made on the 27 of jan in this year so I thought it could sort of make it easier for me :I

Thanks guys!

Last edited by INEEDASKY3ds,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It really doesn't freaking matter whether the R4 is outdated or not. You can't use a flashcart's SD when installing CFW because the 3DS reads all info off it's internal SD card. The 3DS should've come with an internal SD card so you should have one. If you don't, then buy an MicroSD card adapter. Costs you like £5, or less. This means you can put your microSD card into the SD card adapter, and put this adapter inside your console as if it was an SD card. Anyway stop talking about the R4, stop thinking about the R4, stop even looking at the R4. It's not gonna do you anything at all for this modding process.

I'm honestly a bit worried for you and your success rate of installing CFW based on this thread alone .. When you do actually get into installing CFW be damn sure you take that NAND backup as the guide tells you to, and back it up to multiple locations before proceeding further!!

Reactions: gamesquest1

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It really doesn't freaking matter whether the R4 is outdated or not. You can't use a flashcart's SD when installing CFW because the 3DS reads all info off it's internal SD card. The 3DS should've come with an internal SD card so you should have one. If you don't, then buy an MicroSD card adapter. Costs you like £5, or less. This means you can put your microSD card into the SD card adapter, and put this adapter inside your console as if it was an SD card. Anyway stop talking about the R4, stop thinking about the R4, stop even looking at the R4. It's not gonna do you anything at all for this modding process.

I'm honestly a bit worried for you and your success rate of installing CFW based on this thread alone .. When you do actually get into installing CFW be damn sure you take that NAND backup as the guide tells you to, and back it up to multiple locations before proceeding further!!
I forgot to put up that this problem was solved. I did realise what I was doing wrong >_< however I think I have the CFW installed into my console, just had a bit problem with the hs.app (which apparently is fine) and getting into the CTR NAND file on FBI. Just to make sure, all the Nand backup is in the files9 folder right?

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I forgot to put up that this problem was solved. I did realise what I was doing wrong >_< however I think I have the CFW installed into my console, just had a bit problem with the hs.app (which apparently is fine) and getting into the CTR NAND file on FBI. Just to make sure, all the Nand backup is in the files9 folder right?
Yup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment