I may have bricked my 2DS

that1edgyfox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone, back sometime in 2018, my grandma brought me a 2DS for my birthday, the first thing I did was immediately homebrew it, I forgot what homebrew it was, and I forgot what version it was, all I remember was Luma3DS and Seedhax but I'm not too sure, I lost interest in it after that and stored it in a drawer. It's now 2022, I found it again and I wanted to play some old games from my childhood. I completely forgot I modded it, so I did a full system reset to start from fresh, and I updated the software to the latest version... oops. It's now giving me an error after it finished updating saying

An error has occurred!
Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es).
Press any button to shutdown

I have no clue what is going on, I took the SD card out of the system before I reset it and updated it. Is my console permanently bricked or is there a way to fix it? I have none of the original files from when I first modded it as that was on my old laptop which I wiped and sold years ago.

Thanks everyone

image_2022-10-24_005018437.png

Reactions: Imran2509

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is not (really) bricked. Okay, it doesn't work right now, but just due to an incompatibility of older Luma3DS versions with newer official firmware.

Please start at this point of The Guide
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw
and continue to the finalizing page. Unless there are problems with the SD and/or the reader, everything should be fine at the end.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Eveldee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2