I have a request concerning Mahjong.

TheRaven81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER: I wasn't really sure where to put this kind of thing, so if any Mods need to, feel free to move it where it belongs.

OK. So I just got into Mahjong, and a lot of the Mahjong games released on the classic consoles were Japan-only. Now, as far as I know, Mahjong is purely a 4-player game (i've seen a 3-player variant before, though). However, these console games play the game with only 2 players.

So here's the question/request. I'm not asking for a translation, or a hack to be made. I'm asking if someone would be willing to dig into / datamine a few of these 2-player games, and find out the rules they play by to allow it to only be 2 players? Game examples would be...
- Mahjong (NES),
- Super Mahjong (SNES),
- Super Mahjong Taikai (SNES),
- Super Real Mahjong PIV (SNES),
- Super Nichibutsu Mahjong (SNES)

There's probably more, but I haven't ran into any others yet. And I guess another point to make is that most (if not all) of these games are (naturally, being Japanese games) using a modified version of "Reach"/"Richii"/"Japanese" Mahjong. So anyone who wants to take this on will probably need some knowledge of Richii/Japanese Mahjong, and be able to read/understand Japanese. Personally, I only have minor knowledge of Japanese Mahjong atm, b/c I'm still learning how to play. I can't read or speak japanese though. So I guess I should also add that I have zero knowledge of how to do what I am asking for, so I have no way of helping, unless someone told me what they needed and showed me how to get it.

I'm also not exactly expecting a huge response to this, from what I have seen in this past year, Mahjong (that's not solitaire) is kind of a niche game. So I'd be surprised(but also grateful) if anyone has any interest in what I am asking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool