I HATE MY COMPUTER

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Balrogs.Pain, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009

I HATE MY COMPUTER by Balrogs.Pain at 3:45 AM (892 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alright, well yesterday, i was playing diablo 2 with my pali, and i went to pick my friend up, i left the game on. I come back i die in the game shortly after i un-pause it. i turn the game OFF, and then i start going on the Internet. That night, i turned off my computer for once, since i usually keep it on as a lil night light (Yes, night light.) Now today. . . I'm surfing the Internet and my friend says "why don't you just play diablo 2, ill watch" so, i say sure, i click the icon to load it up. . . and. . . "Error 22: a critical error has occurred while initializing direct draw." So i say, WHAT THE HELL!?

I downloaded world of goo on p.c since i barely use my wii anymore, and i dont feel like going downstairs to play the game. . . And i finish downloading it, and i run it and it says, "Could not find compatible direct 3d devices." And this is where i get a little angry! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY COMPUTER!!

I try and see if i need to update my driver, so i search for my video cards driver (Radeon 9250) i download it and run it, and when i run the driver update. it says that it couldnt detect my video card! So what happened to my computer?? All of a sudden, the video card is invisible. . . and i dont know why. . . its obviously in my computer, and all i can say is this happened at around like, 3:00 today, when i turned off my computer so that my family could turn off the power, i turned it back on and then diablo 2 didnt work. Does anyone know what happened? Can anyone help me out?

(A little backround, i have to video cards, this one that im using which apparently cant run any game if its life depended on it, and the radeon which i NEED to work again!)

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    did you try moving the radeon too a different slot?

I used to have the PCI version of the 9250, but I think there is a AGP ver out there also

there is a possibility that the card literally burnt its self out
    depending on the model, alot of them had passive heatsinks and no fan, it gets fairly hot under load

3. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you restore to a point a week or a few weeks ago?

Did you remove the video driver in device manager, reboot and let windows find/load it again?

4. sconethief

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That could be a possibility or it also could be a virus [​IMG]

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Used to have a 9200 LE, with a passive heat sink, finally died after 5 years, i kind of saw it coming, was running ubuntu with all those effects on the damn thing, after abusing it for 3 years with amateur gaming. Looks like that the card died on you, say farewell.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    check that if the graphics card has a fan that its clear from dirt and debris and not overheating [​IMG]

7. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i think it might have over heated :/. My brother said he was going to get me a new one a few weeks ago, and he still hasnt givin me one. So im just waiting for the new one right now. Thanks for the suggestions, im going to try moving it to the other slot to see if it works, It may have burned out because for some reason, my computer pretty much CREATES dust.

8. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If your fan is busted and you have nothing against an open PC you can use a desktop fan on your open pc [​IMG] .

This ofcourse is nothing you should do long term in the end the airflow from the videocard fan is pretty important.

If you are using Catalyst drivers you can check how hot it gets , google your card and temps as a keyword to see what is normal (review of your videocard might also have this information).

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    As an aside an Energy-saving night light would be a lot cheaper to run [​IMG]

10. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Americans allways think big [​IMG]

11. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ooohhh! I thought you wanted help hating your computer. I've got a lotta spare hatred laying around despite my hatred of nearly everything in existence. *shrug*

Good luck with your PC woes, though, and lemme know if you need some more hate. [​IMG]

12. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Sounds like what happened to mine, the video card burnt out after less than a year of having my computer. Thankfully, it was under warranty, but we had to pay £50 for shipping and wait 3 months XD.