ROM Hack I don't understand last steps (Luma + boot9strap)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 972
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello, I have problems with the basic 3DS hack guide. I read all the pages multiple times but there is something that I can't really understand:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

1) "If, while following a previous version of this guide, you CTRTransfered your New 3DS to 2.1.0, you should now restore your NAND backup before doing this section."
2) "If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

What does it mean "following a previous version of this guide", what, is there an old, obsolete version that did extra steps? I would understand if it was "following the previous steps of this guide", also I checked back the steps and there is no mention about this CTRTransfer so I really don't know. And what does it mean "transfer a new3ds to 2.1.0??

I can't get the CTRTrasnfer thing, I mean, it looks like it is something essential to complete the installation of the CFW but I didn't do either case 1) or case2) so...

What am I missing? Do I really need to do one of those two streps in order to continue or can I skip them?

I know this may sound easy but I'm kinda new to this stuff, last thing I "cracked" was a PSP so my software skills and knowledge are basically zero.

Thanks for any help

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have problems with the basic 3DS hack guide. I read all the pages multiple times but there is something that I can't really understand:

1) "If, while following a previous version of this guide, you CTRTransfered your New 3DS to 2.1.0, you should now restore your NAND backup before doing this section."
2) "If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

What does it mean "following a previous version of this guide", what, is there an old, obsolete version that did extra steps? I would understand if it was "following the previous steps of this guide", also I checked back the steps and there is no mention about this CTRTransfer so I really don't know. And what does it mean "transfer a new3ds to 2.1.0??

I can't get the CTRTrasnfer thing, I mean, it looks like it is something essential to complete the installation of the CFW but I didn't do either case 1) or case2) so...

What am I missing? Do I really need to do one of those two streps in order to continue or can I skip them?

I know this may sound easy but I'm kinda new to this stuff, last thing I "cracked" was a PSP so my software skills and knowledge are basically zero.

Thanks for any help
What guide are you even reading???? That downgrade to 2.1.0 was YEARS ago outdated.

CTRtransfer is only if the guide dont work. Just keep going and skip those parts, they mean nothing to you with the current guide set up.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: Deleted User

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for any help
2.10 was for old hack installing cfw with arm9loaderhax so ignore that part

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021