Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BDGLaXZCAAAMBvx.jpg:large

My general collection of odds and ends put together over the past several years. Special note to the new EverDrive 64. I've finally been able to play all the N64 games I've missed out on in the past. It's been great, but I've also ended up having to explain flash carts to so many unexpected people. It's a strange thought to introduce a means of potential piracy to people who have never thought of something like that before, and were hardly likely to have been in the future.

But the other day, my mind was blown when I overheard someone having to explain the same thing to someone else in class. This person was very careful with their words. And as class was beginning to start, the conversation ended with "But actually, I do it for the homebrew."

:\

krazykracker1288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats like saying you bought a ds for pictochat, or a ps3 for playstation home, absolute b.s. Homebrew is great, but these devices are made for pirates, by pirates, plain and simple.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually a lot of people mod for homebrew, myself included. I didn't even know you could pirate games when I modded my Wii, and I don't pirate games now. There aren't many fun homebrew games (and those that are fun don't stay fun for very long), but IMO the best part of a modded Wii is getting to use it as a media player. It was especially nice before they released a Netflix and Youtube channel. I don't use my Wii much anymore besides when I'm testing my own homebrew apps, but I used to use it as a universal media player.

I get tired of people thinking that everyone is just as messed up as they are. There are people out there who hold to a moral code. Buying my own games may cost a lot of money (that's why I don't have many), but I don't have any guilt either.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I initially bought a DSTwo for the homebrew, before quickly slipping into piracy. As of the past 6 months or so, though, I've sworn off piracy, and even bought a great many of the games I used to pirate. I still have my DSTwo, but it's mostly just collecting dust. I just keep it in case there's homebrew or a hack I like, or in the potential event I might want to keep all the DS games I have backed up, for some reason.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I guess it's a nice little benefit to have, but I'd still support developers whenever I can. I'm a software developer myself, so I can appreciate the hard work developers put into their products, and I understand that if I want to use more of their work, then I have to support them.
I'm an amateur dev (although I plan to make a career out of it someday), but I get a sense of how much work is put into games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...