I Am Setsuna

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by NEO-BAHAMUT-, Mar 9, 2017.

1. NEO-BAHAMUT-
    OP

NEO-BAHAMUT- GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2013
    Just bought this off the eshop. Only played the first 20 minutes and I love it already.

Anyone else bought it and what are your thoughts?

No spoilers please.

Saiyan Lusitano and jpx86 like this.
  2. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I haven't tried it (not even on Steam) but I'm really interested in it. I think it's quite expensive for a digital game, and that's why I haven't picked it up.
    HOWEVER, for anyone interested: There is a physical release in Japan of the game, and it includes English language. Importing it will only be a little more expensive than buying it digitally (from what I've heard).

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Seems to be going for about 70 dollars for the physical import, ugh.

4. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Oh, is it that bad? That's a shame. I guess it may depend on where you find it (hopefully).

5. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    At least, that's what I saw, not sure where else I can find it, pretty stupid of there not being a physical release in the US

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Super niche title, played it on steam and it reminds me of the really cheap fantasy PSP titles where you some young guy in a village and you grandpa dies or something and you have to go on an adventure.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, i'm not playing $40 for this, discount of %50 or more and i will consider it. Though why not hate it? The official description says is based on chrono trigger, a good game on snes, psx and NDS. :P

8. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    It is discounted 50%, it's twice as much for the physical cart on amazon.co.jp

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Mar 10, 2017
  9. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah I don't get the logic for not doing a physical cart over here. Pretty stupid not to.

10. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    I'd wait for Megami Tensei instead...

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/12/14260976/shin-megami-tensei-nintendo-switch

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

or Disgaea 5

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/disgaea-5-complete-switch

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Agreed, it is very niche jrpg, either you love these games or you hate them there is nothing between.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I usually don't buy unlocalized games, not that i don't want to, just i haven't thought about it. I'm sure a discount will come eventually. :)

12. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Well if you are talking about Nintendo systems you couldn't run them even if you wanted to, unless you hacked the system to be region free. Switch is the first Nintendo device (ever?) to be region free so shop to your hearts content! A lot of games only available in Japan do have english modes just google it first to make sure before you buy, unless of course you can read Japanese...

Helps to have a Japanese waifu also :P

13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Nintendo DS says hello. (region free)

Regarding I am Setsuna, I would buy it for 20 euros.

14. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Switch games are way too overpriced. I would wait for a price drop.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  15. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Bragging rights acknowledged. :P

I'm full aware of the situation, i been updated and in case someone hasn't (SEE BELOW) :ninja:

To be honest i never bought a japanese import game ever, i thought about it few times, browsing play asia sites mostly due to localization issue of games not coming here or not getting proper localization period. (Example is dead or alive extreme 3 and i don't mean i want it just one with bad such criticism.) But then the idea of doing that, setting up a japanese network account just in case of dlc and stuff, having to buy funds to add to it, i mean that is a lot for the setup. I would been maybe a lot happier if there was a simple buy option for the games. Playstation store and nintendo eshop should just have list of japanese games in some special listing in the store that can be used to buy with any account instead of managing multiple accounts for them.

There is some games that is japan exclusive that is on other stores like that super mario bros lost levels, mysterious murasame castle (Whatever is called) Playstion store has import games of classic games from ps1 and ps2 on there as well. There should have just been a simple option to switch between any region with single account. :)

Mr. Wizard likes this.
  16. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    You can switch between eshop region on any account, just log in and change your region.
    I too thought I had to "add funds" to my eshop account but turns out you don't, you can straight purchase any game without adding funds.
    I did end up making 2 account, one with japan as my region, the switch makes it easy to change, every time you open the eshop it asks you which account you want to use.
    Also now that I have both NA and Japan accounts, eshop shows me news from both, I do wish it would show games from both but oh well. Only takes a second to switch users.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Mar 10, 2017
  17. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Had thoughts about getting this before launch. Was hoping for a final fantasy. But after seeing some of the gameplay on youtube, im unsure about it.
    Seems cool but just been on the fence and then the price kinda put me off. Thought it would be cheaper

18. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Disgaea 5 is from Square Enix, although I do hope they bring an actual FF game too.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Disgaea is not a square enix game, is a nippon ichi software game and published by NIS america, Square has nothing to do with disgaea series.

So just curious, in the options for the system if i change to japanese, i can access the japan store? What about when it ask me for area code? :unsure:

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  20. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    You can access the japanese eshop by just creating a japanese account and login in on it. That is all :)

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.